Satellite Inn

Check Alamogordo Hotel Deals

Satellite Inn Alamogordo Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Feb 16, 2008
I pulled into Alamogordo pretty late and in the middle of a snow/rain storm. This motel had signs greeting me as I pulled into town advertising free internet and it was on the north end of town near the roads I needed to be on the next day. I was also attracted to the neon sign with the satellite rings lighting up in alternating different colors. Oddly enough I found it attractive instead of tacky. The price was right ($40/night) and the room was clean. I had a large room with a double bed, refrigerator, microwave, cable tv, and wireless internet. The bed was comfortable as well. They also have a free guest membership to a local gym during your stay. The people running the place were very friendly.

The only problem with the hotel were the trains going by through the night, as the tracks were just across the highway. But I'm pretty sure every hotel in this town along the main street would have this same problem because the tracks parallel the street. Other than that, the room was very cozy. And the free continental breakfast was a little lacking, but I'm not much of a breakfast eater anyway.

This was a motel where you park your car outside your room and have an outside opening door. I even had an actual KEY to get in, not a magnetic card.

I like staying in smaller family run motels because they have more character. I also like not having to lug your stuff through a large hotel with long hallways. This room was an incredible value at $40/night and I think it was just as good as an $80/night room at a large chain. I would definetely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Check Alamogordo Hotel Deals