Satay Malaysian Restaurant

99 Washington Street, Hoboken, NJ, USA
www.sataymalaysian.com - (201) 386-8688
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Satay Malaysian Restaurant at the corner of Washington Street in Hoboken and yes they have also outdoor seating
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Coconut Rice with Shrimp and vegetables
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Bubble tea - can't remember the flavor !
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Roti Canai - Soooo delicious!
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Inside the restaurant - I could see the kitchen from where I was sitting!
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Looks like pad thai ?
Satay Malaysian Restaurant - Soup was served

Satay Malaysian Restaurant Hoboken Reviews

cimtech cimtech
Affordable Malaysian Restaurant in Hoboken Aug 25, 2013
Hoboken is one of my favorite city in New Jersey where I usually go to have good time regardless whether it’s summer or winter. Recently we went there with an intention to walk along the Hudson river overlooking beautiful New York City skyline. As we were walking down Washington street one of the major street in Hoboken and watching all the exciting restaurants lined up on both side of the street. We spotted few restaurants but Satay Malaysian Restaurant got the most attention.

Got lucky wait for a table was very minimal even it was Sunday lunch hours. In fact saw few employees sitting back, taking their time off from serving and preparing vegetables for the dinner crowd. This restaurant does not look too fancy or upscale but was clean inside.

Menu looked attractive with nice pictures and prices were also reasonable. Another reason for the price to be in a comfort zone is because of the competition around that area (in my opinion). One of the main attraction was Rori Canai, an authentic recipe used by the Mamak (Indians) in Malaysia to prepare this item. I actually need nothing else if I have this on my table. I am sure you would like it too (in case you have not tried it already). People have this as an appetizer but for me it’s like a main course. We kept our order small considering the long walk we need to do right after lunch.

As soon as food was served I got busy taking pictures and as usual people with me anxiously waiting to jump on them. I tried to keep the photo shot to a minimum to keep the hungry fellows happy and tried my best not to annoy them as well.

Food was delicious, service was satisfactory. We enjoyed every bit of it and kept nothing left over on the plate (now you know). It is like if you are around that area and got desire to have Malaysian food then this restaurant is not a bad choice.
Satay Malaysian Restaurant at the …
Bubble tea - can't remember the fl…
Soup was served
Coconut Rice with Shrimp and veget…
TB_Weet says:
Too bad you didn't try satay (BBQ meat skewers). It's a very popular dish in Malaysia.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
I like the simplicity of its entrance.

Posted on: Feb 05, 2014