Av. Ayacucho 198 - Surco, Lima, Peru

Sarita Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty Anticuchos at: Sarita! Jan 06, 2009
Well, anticuchos are a traditional dish in Peru. They look like beef but are cow heart. But before saying anything you have to try them. I don't usually tell the people what they are made of, until they have tried them. And well, most of the people love them!

Of course you can get anticuchos in a nice restaurant, but what if you want to try them just like the locals? Well, recently I discovered - actually my dad did it - a small restaurant located in front of the main square of Old Surco. This is a small restaurant, where you can find anticuchos, picarones and 2 other traditional dishes. Once you come closer to this place, you'll feel a tasty smell... To drink you can only find Inca Kola, Coca Cola and Chicha Morada. Although the place is small, it's cozy and you feel as if you were in your kitchen, so familiar. The owner will deliver the dishes to you.

One order of anticuchos includes 2 brochettes, baked potato and corn. Of course they have chili sauces too. I ate here once, but also bought them to go. Last time I was here, we bought them to go and had them at home :)

If you are nearby, stop here and try them. If not, I'm sure there are a lot of places like them in Lima. Just don't be picky and feel free to experience the local cuisine, always being careful - of course.
of course! Inca Kola