Saras Guesthouse

Check Jaffna Hotel Deals

Saras Guesthouse Jaffna Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Saras Guesthouse Jun 08, 2013
I really like this guesthouse which has an old rustic huge room upstairs with a balcony facing the garden and people watching, and winding old creaking white stair outside the house which lead to the rooms upstairs.

I have the front room with the dining room outside the bedroom with two rustic queen beds inside the room with mosquito net, a dresser, a cupboard and a bathroom. Everything in this room is old, rustic and classic. The manager is friendly and he seems can speaks good English, but unfortunately I am not sure if he understand me or not. He offered dinner and breakfast at this place and asked for payment in advance. After I paid it, and agreed on special time for dinner and I also requested mango fruits for dessert, he asked for money for himself. I give him small amount of change as I though he has been really nice. I think he and his family live downstairs of the house.

At night time when I come back to this guesthouse after day sightseeing and waiting for my dinner, it appears my dinner is not ready yet as per agreed time. I went down to check with him and it appears he or his family did not do any cooking in the house. He asked someone else to buy dinner outside. I was not happy with this especially I asked before agreeing to have dinner here that he or his family cooks it. I have to wait until 8.30pm (one and half hours from agreed time) before I got my dinner.

At that time, I was ready to go out to the restaurant nearby myself and cancel my dinner but he insisted that the dinner will come. I was not happy with this. And the food is different with my order. It comes up with fried rice curry and separate chicken bones curry, whereas I ordered chicken curry with separate vegetables curry and mango for dessert. And after that I cancel breakfast as I do not want to wait for my food like dinner.

Other than this incident, I was very happy with these guesthouse and stay here for several days. It cost Rs4,500 without breakfast. There is internet connection in the whole house but need to pay for the card to get the connection. He also rent a bicycle for Rs700 per day. And I get tuk tuk from here to take me to the bus station. It seems they rent out the tuk tuk for fix price to explore the Jaffna peninsula with very reasonable price compare with other hotel.
the sign outside the gate
the building and the front of the …
winding stairways
winding stairways
Cho says:
Good review. We had the same waiting experience in India when ordering dinner. The hotel restaurant was closed but we were told that we could order the food, but I think the food was cooked outside the hotel because we had to wait a long time for it to arrive!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2013