Saranga Holiday Inn

Ella Road, Wellawaya, Sri Lanka

Compare Ella Hotel Rates (14.8km away)

Saranga Holiday Inn Wellawaya Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Saranga Holiday Inn Sep 05, 2011
The Saranga Holiday Inn is located on Ella road - it is fairly close to the bus station so it is possible to walk from there to the hotel or you can take a tuktuk which shouldn’t be too expensive. If you walk you can go left when you leave from the bus station until you get to the main street in the city. When you get to the main street you can walk across it and down the street on the other side of the main road - but it can be a bit difficult to find the Saranga Holiday Inn if you walk this way. Instead you can walk left and then right on the next road which is Ella Road which will lead down to a big sign with the Saranga Holiday Inn.

Wellawaya doesn’t seem to attract a lot of international visitors so the hotel is mainly focused on locals travelling around the island. The rooms are a bit small but there are the needed beds. The first room I was shown had a bit of a flooding incident so I asked for another room at got the one next door. This room seemed dry so I said ok to this one. The floor seem fairly clean - unfortunately I can’t say the same about the sheets of the bed so I decide it is probably a good idea to use my own bedding which I had brought - just in case.

There is a big restaurant at the rest house so you can have dinner at the sight. They haven’t got a menu but they will tell you (very quickly) what they can prepare for you. I said I would like dinner and specified a time at night to eat. This worked out quite well and my fried rice was ready just as we had agreed. The same was true for breakfast and the food was actually better than I had expected for a place like this. Considering the large seize of the restaurant the turnout of guest at dinner time was a bit disappointing - I was the only one at breakfast there was some plates prepared for somebody else as well.

The rest house had a big plot of land which it was located on but unfortunately they had done much about the surrounding so it was just an arid area without much vegetation. Behind the main building is a little bar where locals seemed to go. Hence if you wanted to go for a beer at night you would have to go far. I decide not to go for the bar and just stayed at the main building sitting outside in the large sitting area. Unfortunately there was a bit of a lighting problem and the light behind the couches was all out - so it was too dark for reading. Hence I decided I need to move a chair a bit to get some light for my book. The moment they saw me trying to move one of the armchair the staff immediately came rushing in and said no no don’t move it we’ll move it for you. This was a pretty good indication of the service level they generally seemed to be ready to take care of what you would be asking quickly.
The beds
Extra bed
The restaurant
Africancrab says:
Great review
Posted on: Nov 05, 2011

Compare Ella Hotel Rates (14.8km away)

Saranga Holiday Inn Map