Sarah's Cake Stop

Sarah's Cake Stop - interior of Sarah's

Sarah's Cake Stop Chesterfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Sarah's Cake Stop Dec 24, 2010
I had high hopes for Sarah's cupcakes. In addition to their bakery in Chesterfield, they have a cupcake truck that drives around St. Louis, selling their cupcakes as the first food truck in the city. Unfortunately, the day I was there, the truck was not out, so I had to venture to the bakery (10 Clarkson Wilson Plaza). I was not impressed. The staff kind of had an attitude, like their cupcakes were the best on earth, and we shouldn't even bother going anywhere else. They didn't have much of a selection of cupcakes: triple chocolate, vanilla with vanilla icing, chocolate with vanilla icing, and the chocolate caramel pretzel, which is what I got. Inside the bakery, there is a small table, plus a coffeetable set up where their cake portfolios are viewed, so there isn't really a lot of room to devour a cupcake, but we made ourselves at home anyway. I was less than satisfied with this cupcake. The chocolate caramel pretzel is a chocolate cake on top of a pretzel crust with caramel buttercream and chocolate ganache. It sounds better than it was. The pretzels were stale and the chocolate cake, flat for lack of a better word. The whipped icing was pretty good, but overall the cupcake wasn't that great. Maybe it was just my cupcake choice. My friend took a selection of cupcakes home to her husband, and he said his favorite overall was the triple chocolate from Sarah's. So, if I'm out and about in St. Louis, and come across the cupcake truck, I'll stop, I'm not one to pass up a cupcake.

Sarah's is located a couple miles from the Chesterfield Mall. The cupcake truck's location can be followed on facebook and twitter.
Sarah's Cake Stop
interior of Sarah's
the selection of cupcakes
chocolate caramel pretzel cupcake

Related Travel Blogs About Sarah's Cake Stop

Cupcake Crawl twenty:10
I had heard about a cupcake crawl back over the summer.  I decided back then that I would definitely be doing this for my birthday.  I had four places in St. Louis picked out: Jilly's Cupca…Sarah's Cake Stop, the bakery itself instead.  Going to Chesterfield Mall would put us close to the bakery…

Check Chesterfield Hotel Deals