Sara Inn Hostel

Check Cairo Hotel Deals

Sara Inn Hostel Cairo Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Economical, clean, and cozy hostel in downtown Cairo Apr 09, 2009
My friend and I got a free pickup from the airport for booking two nights at Sara Inn. When we got off the plane, the driver was waiting for us, so already first check mark for reliability. Also the hostel would respond within a day or two to any e-mails sent to them. Very reliable.

The room my friend and I stayed in was cheap, the temperature was comfortable with an option of a fan, the beds were clean with extra blankets and towels for our usage. There was a armoire for us to store our clothes, in addition to a vanity. The only mild detraction was that there was no private phone. However, even in our room there was a fairly reliable signal for Wi-fi.

Breakfast was provided for us, as well as loads of helpful information from the staff. They even helped to arrange our budget tour in Luxor, our sleeper to Luxor, and a driver for our site seeing in Giza. Mr. Assim, the owner also gave me a palm reading gratis, haha.

The value of the hostel is great, the staff is extraordinarily attentive and helpful. The only slight setback was that the shower was not fixed in our brief stay. The lining for which the water is piped thru had a hole in it. And though the staff took our key twice to check on what needed to be fixed, they seemed unable to figure out the issue. Also the computer they provide in the internet area was slow, so bring your own internet accessing things like PDAs and laptops.

But their hospitality and help made our stay very comfortable. For example, they even exchanged money for us when I could not find a local open exchange place. Or when they offered to store our bags while we were site-seeing though we had technically checked out.
AFTER check in don't worry :)
Closet, Vanity, Bathroom
Bathroom in the room
Shower next to toilet
Africancrab says:
Great review
Posted on: May 26, 2009
vulindlela vulindle…
Hidden gem! Feb 09, 2008
I booked this place on hostelworld.com after reading all the positive reviews that it has.

I arrived in the evening and upon first glance, I was freaked out. The building is very unrecognizable and I thought "how will I go out and find this place again?"

Going upstairs, I thought "what have I gotten myself into?" It was like a stairway straight out of a "Saw" movie.

Once inside, my fears went away and it felt like I was in home of a long lost friend. They really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I was given some hibiscus tea and then shown around.

The room and the hostel were generally clean.

However, the bathroom was dirty and really needed some work. It was usable though.

The staff were so welcoming and helpful! They made a good visit to Cairo into a great one!

They had breakfast and internet.

Once you get your bearings, it is very easy to walk around the area outside the hostel.

I would stay here again.
View from Sara Inn
jenslemp says:
I stayed there as well and loved it! The people working there set us up for the rest of our journey!
vulindlela says:
I was once afraid too....
williamsworld says:
I am still afraid of hostels. Thanks and talk to you soon

Related Travel Blogs About Sara Inn Hostel

Crazy two day Cairo trip!
I had always wanted to visit Egypt.  There are millions of things to see there and two days is not enough, but I did what I could in that amount of time. I left Indianapolis on Thursday afterno…Sara Inn Hostel within an hour.  The hostel provided me with the airport pick-up for $10.  After changing and freshening up, I hit the streets of Cairo

Check Cairo Hotel Deals