801 E Monroe, Springfield, IL, USA - 217-544-2523

Saputo's Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Did not live up to expectations Mar 13, 2012
Saputo's is a legendary Italian restuarant near downtown Springfield. It's located at 801 E Monroe, a few blocks away from the Capitol, close to the Lincoln Museum.

The restaurant is dim, somewhat giving a mob atmosphere (considering Illinois politics take place here, that might be accurate. Speaker Madigan even has an unoffical reserved table). I ate here post-lunch rush, so service was fairly quick. The menu has several options; many pasta dishes and other entrees and a few salads. Even at lunch, the meals are pricey (at least for my budget). The ravioli I got was $8, which sounds reasonable, but the side salad, lettuse and one wedge of tomato, was $5.50. The meal was okay, nothing outstanding like I expected since the whole year I lived in Springfield, all I heard about was Saputo's. But, it wasn't anything that special. Or, maybe I'm just picky about marinara sauce.

Saputo's is one of the few restaurants that is open for dinner in downtown Springfield. I'd recommend eating here not necessarily for the food, but the atmosphere and ambiance, especially if you are remotely interesting in the theater of Illinois politics.

Check Springfield Hotel Deals