Sapphire Residency

Check Mumbai Hotel Deals

Sapphire Residency Mumbai Reviews

mebernier mebernier
Not our best pick... Jun 28, 2013
About ½ hour away from the heart of Mumbai.

Can't get to the heart of the city by rickshaw, must use a regular car/shuttle service. The shuttle service offered by the hotel is about twice the amount (500 INR) of a black & yellow taxi cab (200-250 INR) that you'll find in the streets.

Prior to our arrival, we scheduled & confirm our free airport pick-up. When we arrived in Mumbai, jet-lagged, around 4 AM and after 15 hrs of flight, nobody was there to pick us up. Called the hotel: the person at the door didn't understand what I was saying. Luckily, I had the number of the driver in an email that I printed & brought along. Called the driver, he didn't understand much more, but after over an hour of waiting, he picked us up in a decent car. Didn't try to charge us, but could barely find the hotel (wasn't he supposed to work along with the hotel? Mystery!)

Arrived at the hotel, who already knew we would show up late, but I already paid for the whole night to be sure we would have a place to crash as soon as we could. I asked for a 2 twin bed room, they gave us a double bed room. When I pointed out the mistake (and showed the confirmation by email that they reserved a 2-bed room for us), they said it wouldn't be ready before 9 am (it was about 5 am at that point). After telling him this was unacceptable as I paid for that room for the whole night, he told me the room could be ready for 7 am. Argumented with him until he had it ready in about 30 minutes. At that point, I think we could have been sleeping on concrete, we wouldn't have noticed a difference!

We had a windowless room (which probably saved us from a lot of traffic noise!); the only window in the room was opening to the hallway.

Has free wi-fi, but you have to sit in the hallway or keep the room door open to catch on. Food is OK and decently priced.
mebernier mebernier
Sep 30, 2012
About ½ hour away from the heart of Mumbai.

Check Mumbai Hotel Deals