Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel

Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel Rates and Deals

Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel Sa Pa Reviews

ericg1112 ericg1112
a great experience Mar 15, 2011
Upon arriving, Pete personally welcomed everyone who came in on the train. He served delicious coffee and chatted with everyone in the comfortable lobby. The decor and food were very nice, and Pete really gives back to the community. Location was close to a local market, just beyond which was an ATM. The hotel has some nice balcony views. As I recall the cost was maybe a little above average, but shop around. Pete passes the money on to the local economy in so many different ways, I hardly mind paying any perceived premium. Pete is a native English speaker also, which is a plus. (I had Vietnamese hotel owners buy train tickets for me, and I really held my breath and kept my fingers crossed)

Let me first say that I did not stay here overnight... Pete, the owner, arranged a hiking tour in the mountains but provided a room for cleaning up before and after the hike. He also provided a meal upon arrival. He was very accommodating and helped make all guests as comfortable as possible. After hiking, our clothes and shoes were trashed, so he arranged for a local to wash and dry our stuff stat.

This is certainly not a 5 star hotel or a spa, nor does it try to be, but it has a local flair all its own and an actively involved owner who really cares. Keep in mind that this is a 3rd world country, and Sapa is somewhat remote. This is a great place to relax, talk to other travelers, eat, and soak up the mountains.
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing, great review!
Posted on: Mar 02, 2011

Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel Overview

Sapa Rooms boutique hotel is a community focused hotel established by it's Australian owner to assist the local ethnic minority people who inhabit the Sapa region. We encourage our guests to assist with our numerous community projects when they stay in our lovely relaxed boutique hotel because we believe our business has a responsibility to give back to the local community. Our staff team comprises local ethnic minority people and disadvantaged youth who have been trained in the hotel's training program. All our chefs have been thoroughly trained at KOTO the school for disadvantage youth, in Hanoi. Our rooms are inspired by the romance of the surrounding mountain ranges, a haven of simple style and comfort. With crisp white hand embroidered linen, flowing silk curtains, and original art works. Each room has a 80cm plasma TV, DVD library and cable TV with over 80 channels. We also have a book library in each room. Our restaurant has an extensive wine list, local Vietnamese and fusion international dishes, organic produce and many vegetarian options on the menu. The Australian owner comes from a chefs background so guarantee you will enjoy the food his enthusiastic team serves up each day. Home made ice cream, freshly baked cakes and real coffee is just the beginning. Every piece of art in Sapa Rooms boutique hotel tells a story, we have hand crafted each piece as well as sourced all the materials locally by trekking into the jungle to trade with the ethnic minority people. We think socially aligned sourcing is a step in the right direction for positive change. WE look forward to welcoming you to Sapa Rooms.

Check Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel Rates and Deals