Santouka

310-212-1101

Santouka Torrance Reviews

Eric Eric
Mar 20, 2007
Was craving ramen and found out about Santouka via Chowhound. It's located in a giant Japanese supermarket/mall complex called Mitsuwa. The inside of the market is unlike most places you will find in the US, and is fun for it's novelty. I don't know if it's what Japan is like, but it's pretty cool. There are lots of little "mini" shops and buildings inside, selling various things, mostly in Japanese. In the far back right there is a food court, complete with an elevated wooden seating area and tea house(?). Santouka is located at the entrance to the food court.

I couldn't read the menu and I didn't really know what to get, so I just ordered combo #1, something called "Shio". After getting a number, I sat down to wait for my food, growing increasingly hungry from the smells of the food court. Ten minutes later it arrived, a steaming bowl of ramen with thick, hearty soup-stock, a few tasty pieces of salty meat, and delicious noodles with a thick, almost al-dente texture.

I'm no a ramen expert, but I've eaten at a few ramen places and this was probably the best ramen I have ever had. Just writing this review is making me hungry. It's a bit pricey (~$7), but the quality is noticeable. Seems pretty popular for a lunch destination, too. There was a long line the entire time I was there. I'll definitely be back!
The Mitsuwa marketplace. I was try…
jenn79 says:
Sounds yummy! If you are ever in downtown LA, I will have to take you to my fave ramen place so you can compare =)
Posted on: Mar 20, 2007