Santorini

Hyde Park Mall, Johannesburg, South Africa

Santorini Johannesburg Reviews

SoloSister SoloSist…
Feb 19, 2008
My lovely assistant and good friend, Lauren took me for lunch at a Greek place for my birthday in Hyde Park. Having had a bad food experience with Moussaka about ten years ago, I had gone off Greek completely but the gesture was so heartfelt, I decided it was time to give it a try again and I wasn't disappointed. Far from it - I was impressed.

Situated in the Hyde Park mall, out in the open - the restaurant was in decored all in white and the setting is very suave. The menu has a variety of typical Greek options but I would highly recommend the hot meze platter, which contains - fried haloumi cheese, spanakopita, chicken and beef kebabs, calamari and pita bread. We also ordered falafels with yoghurt dips and a feta and chilli dips as side extras that were super divine.

It was more than plenty for the two of us and I have heard good things about the vegetarians options as well. Just beware of the house wine.. It kicks ass :)

a definite lunch stop when in Jo'burg. Enjoy.
SoloSister says:
You'll have too...
Posted on: Feb 20, 2008
ashleynpearson says:
I'll have to try it someday when I am in Jo'burg!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
SoloSister says:
It was last Wednesday - the 13th and you can go for either or both, just go. SOON!!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008