Santorini Island

Santorini, Greece

Santorini Island Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Romantic Island Jan 02, 2016
As you all know romantic Santorini Island,I would say YES,it is!

I actuarlly wasn't so willing to visit this island as it seems like "tourist area" in the world. But I high recommend you to visit this island in your life time! Because Santorini is gorgeous,romantic,beautiful,also how can I say... the island is mature,knows how to treat tourist. It never would disappointed people.

I spent 5days in this island. Actuarlly I was curious to visit other islands around Santorini. But as it was my first visiting to Greece,how I could skip this main island of Greece against to the world. I do respect Greece to have this island. We were thinking to visit another islands but too hard to make schedule,because some islands has not direct ferry/flight from Santorini. So we have to transit at other island...too much move. Finally we decided to stay this island. Then we booked an accommodation at most popular place for foreigners in Oia after much discuss. As we heard from others,to stay Oia is the best in Santorini. As my opinion,no it's expensive so we can visit there for a day. I was wrong. I highly recommend you to stay in Oia,traditional cave house. This would be the best experience in Santorini. Imagine,when you open kitchen window in the morning,there is the Aegean Sea flashes. Chalky walls,the voice donkey driven... The inside cave is so comfortable. It's like you stay in fairy tale.

Well,we booked flight ticket from Athens. It was 1 hour flight a way. There is LCC flight,so you may could get cheap flight tickets! You better to get rent a car in Santorini because Oia is far from the airport. They were not so strict like in Zakyntos. The island can separate 3 big area I think,Oia and Fira,and Ils town. Old town is nothing special but you can see real local life there. Fira is most casual torist area. Some told us it is not worth to visit but I think it is! Many survenir shops messy... But funny to walk those tiny pathes. You would find looking nice shops,restaurants,any things. There is the cable car from top of hill. Then Oia as a luxury area. The restaurants,shops are there of course. Clean and modern,nice decoration with nice view.

For the activity,there is a yacht crusing,local beer brewy, wine brewy... We joined the yecht crusing was amazing! To see the island from the Aegean saw was pretty nice! Also visiting other islands to have experiences make friends from around the world ...all in packed! Please don't miss to do it in Santorini!

I may not visit this island if I didn't willing to Zakyntos. I so thankful to got the chance to visit this island,I would more open my mind for the destinations because need to see own eyes and feel my heart from the land. Santorini makes people growing up. Amazing island!
At the old town
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :D
Caliber-A Caliber-A
The Romantic Island Aug 22, 2010
Santorini, a volcanic island about 200 miles southeast of Athens is one of the most famous islands in the world. The magnificent view of towering cliffs that are connected to the harbour by long and winding roads, the glimmering whitewashed houses, the red and the black sand beaches, the signature blue-domed churches, and the one of the world's most romantic sunset are just among the island's finests. Not to forget are; the rocky volcano, the deep blue sea, and the active sulphuric hot spring. The capital town that clings to the top of the cliff offers a spectacular view of the volcano, the wide variety of cafes and bars, restaurants and shops.
Paulovic says:
Probably the best known Island of Greece! ;)
Posted on: Oct 25, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Santorini Island

Honeymoon at Astarte suites in Santorini island
Santorini, Thira, Stroggili, or Santa Irini, are many different names for the same beautiful island I visited with my wife for our honeymoon. After reading hundrends of reviews regarding Santorini is…island I visited with my wife for our honeymoon. After reading hundrends of reviews regarding Santorini island I concluded…
The Abandoned Party Island: Santorini
Santorini's Troubled Past  What better place for a party place than an island created by one of the world's most powerful volcanic eruptions? Santorini was formed into its present crescent shap…island sunk into the sea (the crater or caldera), changing Santorini from a circular volcano into a cluster of islands
Santorini Island, Greece
Just to warn my readers about this blog, I’m going to talk as if I’m exaggerating, but this island in Greece deserves it and you will see why in my pictures or better yet, if you go to Santorini …island in Greece deserves it and you will see why in my pictures or better yet, if you go to Santorini

Check Santorini Hotel Deals