Santiago Bernabeu Stadium

Madrid, Spain

Santiago Bernabeu Stadium Madrid Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
When in Madrid... Jan 26, 2017
I visited the Santiago Bernabeu, home of the great Real Madrid CF on my second full day in Madrid. I arrived after lunch and went to the ticket booth 10 next to Tower 7 to buy a ticket for the stadium tour, The ticket cost 19 Euros for an adult over the age of 14 in 2015 which at the time I thought was quite expensive. I have since looked at the website and as I write this review in January 2017, the cost for one adult is 24 Euros which is definitely expensive!

After purchasing my ticket, I followed the designated route around the stadium, validating my ticket at a ticket machine at the start of the tour.

The route around the stadium started high up in the stands where you can take panoramic photos of the stadium. I proceeded to the 'Best Club in History' room which was essentially a hi-tech trophy room where all the club trophies were exhibited to a backdrop of some of the clubs greatest victories on large LCD screens. The highlight of this room was seeing the 10 European Cups that Real Madrid have won, all lined up side-by-side.

The tour proceeded through the Sensations Room which showcased some of Madrid's greatest players over the years. The tour lead through the VIP area and then it was on to the pitch side where there were more opportunities to photograph the stadium and the opportunity to sit in the players dug-out and walk down the tunnel. The final area was the dressing room and press room before I ended up at the obligatory club shop where I bought a shirt for my best mate although the staff were unable to print his name and number on the shirt due to an ordering mess-up which was a bit disappointing.

I found the tour to be really memorable and worth the entrance fee on reflection, although having done it once I would not be inclined to go back unless it was to see a match. One of the best things about this particular tour was that it was self-guided and could therefore accommodate a lot of people. I imagine it would have been necessary to pre-book if the tour was a guided one as there were so many Madrid fans visiting when I did.

You should plan to complete the tour in about 1 and a half hours and you should check the website for tour opening times as they are subject to change depending on matches and other events.

Directions: From Gran Via, take metro green line 5 in the direction of Alameda de Osuna and change at Alonso Martinez onto metro blue line 10 in the direction of the Hospital Infanta Sofia. Santiago Bernabeu is the third stop after Alonso Martinez.

Phone: +34 91 398 43 70

Website: http://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets/bernabeu-tour
Santiago Bernabeu Stadium
View from the stands
Real Madrid tour
Pitch level at Real Madrid
NickelP says:
Good to know! Nou Camp is also on the list.
slothtraveller says:
I'd be jealous too, Nicole! The tour here was really good and I met an American couple who did the Barcelona tour and they said that was excellent too.
NickelP says:
Definitely on my list of European stadiums to see (I've been to 3 in England). When my son was doing his backpacking trip through Europe he actually managed to get a ticket to the Madrid Derby at the Bernabeu (Atletico won). I'm still jealous. :)
enethaeros enethaer…
Expensive tourist trap Jul 28, 2011
The entrance for the stadium is 10 euros.So those who are not football fans should avoid paying such a sum

Fortunately i am a football fan and even though the ticket cost doesn't reflect what the stadium and the museum offer i enjoyed this tour in the home stadium of the best team of the 20th century as they say.

The bad thing about this sight is that they are thirsty for more money. Inside the stadium they offered photos with of you with a Real M. player(photoshop) or a Champion's league cup which cost 5 euros in order to print. Additionally in order to find the exit you need to pass through two floors full of Real Madrid merchandise.
neilstrauss23 neilstra…
Santiago Bernabeu Stadium Apr 25, 2011
You can check Real Madrid Football Club famous stadium and its cups won during their year. The stadium was named after the player Santiago Bernabeu. The real madrid clubs players famous ones, like Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Luis Figo, Iker Casillas, Raul,

Related Travel Blogs About Santiago Bernabeu Stadium

Exploring Madrid...
Saturday we awake around 13:00 since we were starving, and I wanted to visit some places in Madrid while we had daylight. After a delicious meal we went out and walk to another square (Plaza) called …Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid stadium) to go to Jero’s house….and I was in luck…they were playing home…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals