Santa Fe

New Orleans, Louisiana

Santa Fe New Orleans Reviews

Gabby27 Gabby27
Santa Fe comes to Mid-City New Orleans Apr 03, 2010
Since I moved to New Orleans 5 years ago I've been disenchanted with southwestern style food in the area. Santa Fe in Mid-City is restoring my confidence that it can be done! They mix their own Sangria and load it up with fresh fruits. The wait staff is friendly and service has always been at a comfortable pace. I can tell the folks that work here like their jobs. I stumbled into the place the first night they opened, the food was moderate. Nachos and enchiladas...good ingredients but lacking in the flavor department. Since then the food has GREATLY IMPROVED. The place carries a good bit of business and the outdoor seating area is always the first to fill up. They recently built a roof cover for their patio seating, which is great considering down pours happen often in New Orleans during the summer. The inside is funky with reclaimed wood lining the walls, colonial style mirrors, fresh flowers, and painted windows.

I've had fish tacos there with fresh seared tuna, TO DIE FOR. In fact, anytime they have a dish with tuna in it, order away! Their salsa tastes homemade with a fair balance of sweet and spicy to it.

One of the best parts about this restaurant is the location. There is a great sense of community and neighborhood love here. Across the street is a garden maintained by the neighborhood and down a block you'll find Fair Grinds Coffee house where locals gather to play guitar, read poetry at an open mic, sip their drinks and catch up.

It's great to have a good southwestern place that continues to improve with every visit added to this funky lil' town.

Related Travel Blogs About Santa Fe

Road trip across the USA - 1997
I arrived into LA  international airport on 31 August 1997 and then made my way to the hotel I would be staying at. While in the Lobby I see on TV that princess diana is dead.  Hahahah I l…Santa Fe, Amarillo, Little Rock, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, Pensacola, Orlando, Savannah, Raleigh,  Washington DC, Philadelphia…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals