Sanphan

(202) 544-9368

Sanphan Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
New Thia restaurant in DC Jun 09, 2009
I happen to stumble upon Sanphan in Capitol Hill one day as the only time I had to stop and eat lunch overlapped with when Old Siam closed its doors between lunch and dinner time :(

It is a new spot on Penn ave and it's not too populated yet, so get great service. The decor is nice, but it reminds me a little of Thaiphoon in that some of the tables are too close together, but the 2 best tables at the front at the windows are always the first to be taken...who doesn't want to just people watch while savoring some Kenom Jeep!

I ordered the shrimp with the garlic sauce and my question is, not to just Sanphan, but to just about EVERY restaurant out there-you peel the shell off of the shrimp, why not keep going and take the tail off too! Ugh, irritating, but my dish was quite good.

I got tricked not paying attention to when lunch ended and dinner began-my bill was a little higher than I thought it'd be. And why do waiters always look at me weird when I order sticky rice with no mango, no extra milk, no seeds? The sticky rice is better at Old Siam, but my meal was comparable, maybe evern better.

Check Washington Hotel Deals