Sandy Beach Hotel San Juan

Check San Juan Hotel Deals

Sandy Beach Hotel San Juan Reviews

dashing dashing
Great Value for the money Oct 27, 2011
I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Staff was extremely helpful in booking my tours and providing information I needed. This hotel is approximately 100 feet away from beach. There is Walgreen store close to this hotel where you can buy anything you may need. There are several restaurants around this hotel. From airport it is roughly 15 mins by taxi and will cost you $18. You can take a bus to visit old San Juan city which will cost you 75 cents. Walking around the town and area is pretty safe and clean. This hotel does not have parking lot, so if you rent a car you will have to park in public parking place. However this hotel has a relationship with public parking place which is very close. They provide free continental breakfast.
cotterb cotterb
Perfect location and price Apr 30, 2010
This hotel is located right off of the Condado Beach in the Resort Area of San Juan Puerto Rico. This area is full of places to eat, hotels, casinos, and shops so everything a tourist needs is within walking distance. Taxi's are going up the main road, Ashford constantly so it's easy to grab one.

There are a couple of buses which also run up Ashford and go directly to Old San Juan. A cab will cost about $15 to get to Old San Juan, but the bus is only $0.75/pp so it's a good deal and goes pretty fast.

The hotel bathroom was large, there was a window air conditioner in the room, and a television with plenty of channels. The beds were clean and very comfortable.

A small continental style breakfast was included.
quinnkim quinnkim
Apr 30, 2010
This is a small, older hotel in a perfect location. Though not as fancy as the Marriott next door, you can't beat the price and the front door is just steps from the ocean. The rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and they offer a small continental breakfast to get you going in the morning. I would stay here again.
tgrzi007 tgrzi007
Nov 11, 2007
El Canario by the sea is about 10 to 20 steps from the Condado beach but don't bother. By the sea does not mean Sea view. In fact the hotel is snuggled between a creepy half pint building housing male prostitutes on one side and a very tall condominium that takes up all of the sea side view on the other. I am female and I traveled alone, they never bothered me but the front desk clerk did warn me to be careful. I never felt unsafe but I will not stay there again for this and the following reasons.

My room, # 20-something faced the back alley where the prostitute hotel was located. No I never heard or saw anything but the smell emitting from the alley was awful. I went during hurricane season, end of September (it rained twice late at night)it was very hot during the day, temperatures in the high 80s but with extreme humidity making it feel more like 90 degrees so the AC had to be on full blast and much to my chagrin pulled a lot of the foul oder from outside into the room. After I complained the hotel manager went and bought me a room deodorizer which helped a lot.

The room was small but clean. The sheets were clean but I didn't trust it and since I always travel with my own sheets when I stay in budget hotels I chose to use my own. The bathroom was small and the water pressure weak.

Before I left for the trip I called the hotel 3 times to confirm that what I was seeing on weather.com was correct, rain, rain, rain. It wasn't! I was told rain is always in the forecast for Puerto Rico but it hardly ever rains and when it does it's quick showers and this turned out to be true. But anyway, I was quoted a $67.00/night rate plus taxes. I wrote everything down and even with whom I spoke. By the time the bill came at the end of my stay that $67/night turned out to be $99.00/night. I was livid! The manager who is featured prominently on the hotel website http://www.canariohotels.com/sea.htm blamed me for hearing what I wanted to hear and blamed me and not her staff for the incorrect information. I couldn't believe I stayed at a $99/night budget hotel with prostitutes for neighbors when the Holiday Inn Express down the street cost the same and walking distance to the beach sans Protitutes.

So go at your own risk or you can just stay across the street at the Marriott, you won't regret it or the Holiday Inn Express.

Sandy Beach Hotel Amenities

• Water Activities
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Cots
  • Family Room

Related Travel Blogs About Sandy Beach Hotel San Juan

Finally warm...
We flew USAirways through Charlotte to arrive in Puerto Rico. Our flight out of Denver left at 1 am and I had every intention of sleeping both on the flight to Charlotte and for the 3 hours we were l…San Juan. Our hotel is the Sandy Beach hotel in the resort/tourist district of San Juan

Check San Juan Hotel Deals