Sandwich au Coeur

Geneva, Switzerland

Sandwich au Coeur Geneva Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Jan 02, 2008
In need of something to eat in Geneva, my friend Eelco and I, ended up in this little lunchroom annex Ice-ream parlor. Our experience wasn't the best but, for it being the only place opened at the time, we had lunch here anyway. 'Sandwich au Coeur' means "sandwich from the heart", yeah, right! A heart of stone perhaps. The lady behind the counter wasn't friendly, the cappuccino reasonable at best, the sandwiches we had were stale and to top it off: the prices were extremely high. We recalculated the numbers on our receipt many times. Sure, it added up, but it felt like too much and it wasn't worth it.

Furthermore, we were at risk of catching the bird flue. We had to share our lunch with several birdies flying through the place, landing at our table scavenging for crumbs. Although I am a nature lover and I respect all creatures, there is a time and a place for everything. This was neither the time nor the place for them to be flying and having lunch of their own here. I don't even want to think about where they poo.

Yet, with all of the above considered, I am still going to recommend this place. First of all, because they serve Mövenpick ice-cream, and that is always good. Secondly and most importantly, I recommend it because the architecture of the place is beautiful. It looks Bauhaus period, 'the new style' or something like that. I will have to do some research on that. Anyhow, the place is gorgeous so go there. Maybe you can bring your own lunch and sit outside somewhere, where you have a good view of that marvelous building :)
Sunflower300 says:
LMAO... Heart of stone perhaps... you crack me up. What a wonderful review. This one alone is worth the dinner we have waged. I concede. :D

Well... on second thoughts... let’s keep going. But, funny...
Posted on: Jan 18, 2008