Sandpiper Cafe

no website - (907) 586-3150

Sandpiper Cafe Juneau Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
The BEST Cafe Food Jul 01, 2012
The Sandpiper Cafe is definitely a local's place. I was in Juneau on a cruise, and had done some research ahead of time as to where to eat. The restaurant is within walking distance of the port, but it's not exactly a short walk.

The Sandpiper Cafe is a busy place, but we were there at the right time, between rushes. We were able to be seated immediately. Service was a little slow, though. They have a great breakfast and lunch menu; they are not open for supper. The menu features Alaska favorites, wild game burgers and traditional cafe meals. I opted for the ricotta sourdough pancakes. Wow! These were good! The flavor is richer than what buttermilk pancakes are, but delicious in their own right. My friend got a cheeseburger and french fries (which turned out to be waffle fries) and she commented it was the best burger she'd ever had.

The Sandpiper Cafe was a little on the expensive side, $12-ish for the entrees, but I expected that. Whether you are a tourist or a local, I highly recommend eating at the Sandpiper Cafe.
The Sandpiper Cafe