Sandemans New Europe Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Sandemans New Europe Amsterdam Reviews

killustrations killustr…
Awesome tours of the city! Jun 10, 2012
New Europe offers 3 different walking tours in Amsterdam. I went on all three since I had a lot of extra time while I was there.

There was a free walking tour of the city. It was pretty nice! The tour guide that I had was funny and had a lot of little stories to tell about the city. There wasn't as much basic information of the city, instead he talked about things that you wouldn't be able to find out from wikipedia. It was really great! It's not really a free tour, since it's customary to tip the tour guide a little something, but it was definitely worth it. The whole thing was 3 hours long with a little break in the middle to get some food and drink something.

The second one that I went on was the Red Light District tour, and it was by far my favourite! I think it had a lot to do with the tour guide that I got on this particular tour. Her name was Kendra, and she was hilarious while still very informative. She provided us with the basic information about the area, about prostitutes, the history of the place, and she added in a few extra stories. She even offered to take the people on the tour to an erotic show in the red light district after the tour was over. It costed 10 euros to go and it was definitely worth it!

The last one that I went on was the Coffeeshop tour of Amsterdam, and while I thought this one would have been really fun and interesting since it's about hemp, it was a bit wrong. It was still cool to see all of the different coffeeshops and to learn about the history of hemp, but the tour guide that I got was a bit of a bore. He was very monotone and drone on at times about something that really wasn't that interesting. I did enjoy the fact that we visited the Cannabis College in the Red Light District at the end of the tour. The guys there were a lot more interesting to talk to and definitely more informative! I guess it just depends on the tour guide that you get for the tour.
nimic nimic
Best Amsterdam Tour Jun 23, 2011
Sandemans New Europe Offers the best tours in the famous cities in the world : Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Dublin, Edinburgh, Jerusalem, Hamburg, London. Madrid, Munich, Prague, el Aviv.

I went for 2 tours before, one in Prague and another in Amsterdam.

I'm gonna share with you guys the Amsterdam Tour. They have a few types of tour here, one being the Free Tour, Red light District Tour, City Bike Tour and the Famous Coffee shops.

I've tried both the Free Tour and the Red Light District Tour.

The Free Tour was amazing! I had Amy as my tour-guide. She told us all about Amsterdam in the most hilarious & exciting way. We got to know about everything from the wild history of prostitution and drug decriminalization, to the tragedy of Anne Frank’s story and Nazi occupation.

And as it was said on the tour title, It's Free (actually on a tip basis)

The Red Light District Tour was also amazing, Ryan took us around for two hours to see what Amsterdam’s oldest and most controversial neighbourhood has to offer. We Saw everything from coffeeshops and jazz clubs to sex theatres and smartshops,

It was kinda interesting to know the difference between the red light girls and the blue light ones, LOL xD

And the banana club....haha

The Red light district tour isn't free, but it's only about 6 to 8 euro (can't remember)

Those interested to visit the tour, have to meet up at the Centraal Station , Start Point 6:45 PM ( in front of the Tourist Information Center)

The Free tour starts at 11 a.m at the Centraal Sattion or 11.15 am at the National Monument.
vinegarhouse says:
Definitely going to the Bananenbar
Posted on: Jun 25, 2011
spocklogic says:
Bannenbar is hilarious - The things they can do there!
Posted on: Jun 23, 2011