Sandbar

Kaneohe, Kaneohe, HI, USA

Sandbar Kaneohe Reviews

ambria ambria
Sandbar in Kaneohe Jul 18, 2016
The sandbar is located in Kaneohe Bay on the northeast side of Oahu. There are several ways to get there and several points of access. At this point in time, I've been to the sandbar on three occasions and got there using three different methods: sailboat, kayak, and pontoon boat.

There are several tour groups that will provide trips to the sandbar with different options included. My trips were done with friends, so I don't have specifics of any single agency. I did do a kayak rental before from a store in Kailua (http://www.twogoodkayaks.com/). With 2 single-person kayaks and some added extras (back rest, wet bag and dry bag) the total was about $150, if I recall correctly. Both kayaks fit on the small rental car and we made our way to Kahaluu Regional Park. From there, we paddled north until we saw people and boats around the sandbar. I was drinking a bit at the sandbar, so coming back was more of a struggle. Be sure to keep that in mind.

The sandbar itself was a fun environment that was filled with fun loving people. Many groups interacted through different games, sports activities, and libations. I also saw some snorkelers in the distance. Since the sandbar is located on top of a reef, it should provide for some great underwater views.

Check Kaneohe Hotel Deals