Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Rates and Deals

Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Nassau Reviews

bashmentbabe bashment…
Not really as expected! Mar 03, 2013
Really Mixed review about this hotel that I almost didn't post one.

I'll start with the negative - Our main concern here was that the majority of the crowd that occupy the place don't seem to be couples in love at all they seem to be couples who are friends that are on holiday... mostly young crowd and very loud and DRUNK! - For a very good portion of the day and night.

Of course this was not altogether surprising given the geographical location but still if you are looking for a romantic getaway or you are looking to book your honeymoon I'd book somewhere else (my boyfriend and I were saying that we would be pretty upset if we had booked our wedding / honeymoon here).

The activities on offer here would be more suited as a script for some TV show like the Kardashians/the hills or something.

The website markets and advertises the resort as elegant and sophisticated and in our joint opinion it was not! It was typical of an all - inclusive resort and we were expecting it to be different based on the way the website portrays the place. I don’t think the definition of elegance is a canoe in the pool with 8 people in it.

They really should give people a proper indication of what they are paying for.

Room amenities were not replenished at all which was a little annoying – nor was the champagne but we were not expecting this anyway.

A little over crowded and didn’t feel very relaxing by the pool areas and with people walking around hammered at 5pm.

No option for room service for concierge guests  - there really should be!

Disappointed with the Cricketers Pub (British pub)– hardly seemed to be open in the day – no one serving (as typical British pubs are) didn't seem to show the British football and didn't have cider on tap (Partners complaints) also in the evening it did not have the traditional feel of an English pub.

There seemed to be an unpleasant odour throughout some areas of the hotel - mainly near to the bars (a little like sick / puke).

The positive and the rest –

Staff was great… pretty much the whole resort over, Baccarat and Kimonos in particular! Also other staff around the resort always saying hello and good morning and holding doors / lifts – they were great. Concierge and front desk staff were fab and were very accommodating!

Afternoon Tea was lovely and a very nice touch, staff were wonderful and decor in this room is spot on.

Food we found to be very good, it was tasty in general and we had no complaints about the quality. Could have been more healthy options for lunch though. Also there was no cocktail list anywhere which I think might have been a better idea as usually when you asked the staff what cocktails there are they would say” lots … what do you want” and then concoct a mixture of something which was fine and I did love one I got at the offshore island pool bar (it was different shades of blue and called a Caribbean Dream – apparently) but it would have been nice to know what the choices were.

We had fun on the water trikes and saw lots more water activities on offer.

Paid for Jet Ski’s from the vendors for 1 hour and had a great time.

Tour operator was lovely and informative - she booked us in for Ardastra Gardens and Atlantis.

The beach was surreal and the water was mostly clear and warm, the offshore island was probably my favourite part of the trip it was quieter and a bit more romantic. We spent about 3 days over here. I got bitten by sand flies on one of the beaches either at the resort or the island (I'm not sure) which was upsetting as I had around 80 bites (didn't see many others with this problem and my partner didn’t seem to get many – I bought the OFF insect repellent on the second day from the gift shop and this seemed to keep them away) not the resorts fault at all but I thought I would mention it as I would have liked to know before.

We liked the selection of things in the gift shop, very friendly and helpful ladies working in here.

We had a photo shoot and the pictures were lovely though expensive – however we did purchase a package as we loved the pictures.

Had a fantastic couples massage on the island and loved every minute of it – well worth the money.

Facial was just okay – enjoyed most of it.

Beautiful grounds in the Royal Village – so peaceful - and my partner saw a hummingbird!

Tennis courts looked spacious and we liked the billiards room - played pool a couple times throughout our stay.

Concierge Level Rooms - The rooms were spacious and had a nice seating area, good TV, big and comfy bed, tropical pictures were nice to look at and nice sized bath and balcony with an okay view too.

Overall we would not stay here again and would not recommend the place to its target audience (Couples in love). We feel it has ruined our vision of Sandals resorts and probably would not book with Sandals again – which is a shame as we were hoping that it may have just been the location and perhaps some of the others are better and more suited to couples that want to relax and enjoy each other’s company.

At the end of the day your holiday is always what you make it and we had a fantastic time in The Bahamas anyway!.
Our room
ccjbeachbum says:
congrats on your feature
Posted on: Mar 03, 2013
bashmentbabe says:
Thanks guys! :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2013
Vlindeke says:
Well done. Congrats on your feature :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2013
jmoreno3 jmoreno3
bahama cruise Jul 14, 2011
With its own private island, luxury included, couples-only Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort and Spa is located on the western edge of the Bahamian Riviera, on Nassau's Cable Beach approximately five miles from the Nassau International Airport.Resort amenities include water sports complex, colonnaded freshwater pool, misting pool(six more pools are scattered throughout the property), European Spa, eight on-site restaurants, and room service is available 24 hours a day.Guestrooms include air-conditioning, phone, safe, clock radio, and satellite television. Bathrooms are equipped with a private bath and shower, hairdryer, and toiletries. This property's all-inclusive package includes all meals, anytime snacks, gourmet dining, all alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, landsports, non-motorized water sports, entertainment, scuba diving, round trip airport transfers, daily maid service, and all taxes and gratuities. Butler service is available in some suites.Please note: Sandals Resorts welcomes adult couples 18 years and older. Transfers to and from this hotel are included in your room rate. Upon airport arrival, please go to the Sandals desk for your transfer.
txmasayo txmasayo
Not all that Dec 11, 2009
Arrived at Sandals and was very disappointed you pay for internet and then it times out, excuse was that many of the guess were online. well, if your going to charge for a service, upgrade so it is a service worth paying for. I was in Afghanistan with better/faster service... the room was a big disappointment for the money, the view was great however. The properties on Sandals is very nice, however, i was highly disappointed with the food options during the day. Fast food was all that is available during the day, the nice sit downs were open at night only. AND when you went into the buffets style breakfast and lunch place, it took a long time to get a beverage. in the six days i was there, only one evening i received good service, but the food was awful. i ended up eating mac and cheese and bread, was hoping for Italian food.

Entertainment was nice, lots to do as far as water sports and such, but if you are not a big eater or drink a lot of hard liquor this is not the vacation for you. Overall i would/will not recommend it to anyone. OH and if you go with the intentions of playing golf, BRING your clubs.
sylviandavid says:
Good review.... always good to know about the internet... completely annoying to pay then have it turn off... Thanks. sylvia
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing your review on TravBuddy!
lookingtotravelmore lookingt…
Beautiful resort and very friendly people! May 14, 2008
This all-inclusive resort has many highlights so I have named just a few.

*Crystal Room and Baccarat both have great food. You will need to get your reservations in as soon as possible and make sure you bring something nice to wear.

*Red Lane Spa is expensive but worth it! Check out the daily activities page for daily specials. I recommend the massage with body scrub.

*Hanging out at the Piano Bar was by far our funnest night!

*The daily activities pool side are a blast. They really get everybody involved.

*The Sandals Offshore Island Cay is beautiful. Enjoy it during the day to avoid the need for bug-spray. Make sure to bring your own bug spray just in case because it is $8.00 in the gift shop.

*The employees aka "playmakers" of this resort are wonderful and were calling us by our first names the 2nd day. They are a blast and I wanted to bring all of them back home with me!

*The fitness center overlooks the ocean and makes working out enjoyable. Some of the machines are old but they work.

*There are 2 huge pools that both have swim-up bars.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean and nice. We booked a lower level room because we are only in there to sleep and shower. A view is not important to me because I can get that by simply going outside:-) So if you want a good view I would advise that you talk to a representative and make your request very specific.
sylviandavid says:
thanks for this review.... I love a view so thats good advice to ask for it....
mississippicherokee mississi…
Excellent resort with everything you need Dec 21, 2008
This Sandals location is great! There is absolutely nothing I can say bad about this location and we plan to go again.

Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower