Sand Stone Inn & Restaurant

Sand Stone Inn & Restaurant Rates and Deals

Sand Stone Inn & Restaurant Torrey Reviews

Kana Kana
An OK place near Capitol Reef Jun 10, 2011
Sand Stone Inn is located in a town of Torrey, UT, near Capitol Reef National Park.

While we drove to Torrey from Zion that evening, we hit a deer on the highway, and our arrival got much later than expected. We tried to call the inn for a few times and realized that the office closes early. I left a message on their answering machine and prayed they would let us in when we got there...

It was probably after 10:30 p.m. when we arrived at the inn. My heart sunk when the office looked dark and empty. However, when I approached the door, I saw a message posted on the door, and it had my name on it. It said they kept our room's door unlocked so that we could enter. I cannot tell you how grateful I was!!

The inn is a motel-style two-story building. It has sort of a 70's feel to it. The room is no-frills, a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. We were here for the National Park, so we were not expecting anything luxurious. Also, Free WiFi is available in rooms.

Next morning, I talked to the lady at the reception. She was very nice and friendly. Hearing about our mishap with a deer the night before, she said it was OK for us to stay for an extra hour or so. It was so helpful for us since we had to make lots of phone calls to our insurance company that morning! We were very thankful for her offer.

We had a comfortable stay at Sand Stone Inn; however, I noticed something when I got home. Our fee of $96.98 was charged twice on our credit card. I believe that they charged it when we booked a room online before arrival, and then, the lady at the reception charged it again when we checked-out. It was a surprise, and I would like to think it was a mistake. I contacted my credit card company to report one of the charges as unauthorized, and they took care of it.

Lastly, as I mentioned above, their office closes early, so if you arrive late, make sure to let them know.

Check Sand Stone Inn & Restaurant Rates and Deals