San Want Hotel Taipei

San Want Hotel Taipei Rates and Deals

San Want Hotel Taipei Reviews

coffeefairy coffeefa…
Good location hotel in Taipei Nov 28, 2009
When I arrived I was greeted nicely and quickly assisted with my luggage and was brought to the sixth floor where the reception and check in area is located.

At the reception area I was greeted by this huge statue of a jolly cute boy who looks real familiar. Then ting! I remembered now, I was told that this hotel is also owned by the manufacturers of Want Want biscuits. Their rice crackers are one of my favorite snacks, hehehe. So it was no surprise that in my room they have complimentary Want Want biscuits, aside from some fruits, yay!

I got a room facing the main road which was great because I got a good view and the road wasn't really that noisy even if it was a busy road. The room was a little bit small though, with the double bed, sitting area and a study table all cramped but nevertheless it's fine because I was just by myself. The bed could do some improvement though because the cushion was a bit hard. But they do have free internet connection in the room and their cable TV has a number of channels so I was fine.

Their toilet and bath was not as clean looking though, maybe because it was a bit old already and would need some upgrading. But I did love

their thick and clean towels and their fragrant shampoo and soap.

Each floor has some art pieces decorating them like painting and vases and I would suggest taking notice of them and remembering your hotel room floor's decor in particular because they are the ones that's going to distinguish one floor from another. Yeah, the layout and general surroundings of the

floors look so similar that I once mistakenly went to the wrong floor and realized it only when my room key didn't work on the door! Or maybe I just really have no presence of mind, lol.

They serve buffet breakfast which generally is I think ok. There's some western selection and oriental selection. They start their breakfast buffet early at 6:30am but also end early at 10am and sometimes even 9:30am so it kinda give you that pressure to wake up very early. I guess it works for them because maybe most of their guests are there on business trips and so would usually need to get breakfast early and be off to their offices before the start of a usual business day at 9am.

I think the best thing about this hotel is it well located. It is along the road which is a popular commercial, dining and entertainment area and there is an MRT station nearby. Just across the hotel is Luxy, which I heard is the most popular bar in Taipei. Not really something significant to me but I was happy enough that there was a Starbucks beside it.
San Want mascot in the hotel lobby
little room
bed
bathroom

San Want Hotel Taipei Overview

This Taipei hotel is in the heart of the central commercial, shopping and entertainment district The San Want Hotel Taipei is adjacent and a minute away to the MRT station and bus station. Points of interest nearby include the World Trade Center, Taipei 101 Building, SOGO Department Store, Sport Center, Taipei Arena, Sun Yat-San Memorial Hall and Da-An Park.

There are 268 rooms at the San Want Hotel in Taipei, available as Superior Room, Deluxe Room and Suites. All the rooms feature satellite TV, office desk, safety box, refrigerator and complimentary ADSL Internet Access.

The San Want Hotel Taipei showcases several time periods of Easten and Western pieces of art. The 3 restaurants on-site offers a variety of cuisines, from traditional Cantonese dim sum, refined Japanese cuisine, French set cuisine to breakfast buffet. There's a lounge bar and a fitness center as well.

San Want Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes