San Siro

Milan, Italy

San Siro Milan Reviews

cstan11 cstan11
The Temple of Football Sep 17, 2011
If you are a football fan (or soccer for the Americans out there) and you are in Milan, you should really visit San Siro. This is the biggest stadium in Italy and has an impressive history. It hosted the 2 of the most prestigious clubs in Italy (some would say Europe but not me!) - Inter Milan and AC Milan.

San Siro was build between 1925 - 1926. After numerous renovations it now has the capacity of around 80,000 people. When you are there to watch a sold out game, the atmosphere is really priceless. Unlike some of the newer stadium (I've been to Old Trafford and Emirates), the noise in side San Siro is amazing. If you are interested in the history of the stadium, take the stadium tour (around 10 - 15 Euros). You get a guided tour around the stadium including the museum and player's locker room. The design of the stadium display the contrast for the 2 "tenants", Inter has the Blue and Black, and AC Milan has the Red and White. I found this quite amusing and would really love to be here during the derby game.

getting tickets to watch a game at San Siro, avoid getting it online because the prices are normally inflated (by 200%). You can go to the stadium early (I went for a 8.45 pm game, and I was there around 5.30pm) and get the tickets from the box office. You NEED to bring some sort of ID with you (passport or etc). Which ticket to get? If you like the noise and you want to be part of the action with the die hard home fans, "2nd Blue" is the way to go. If you prefer things to be abit subtle, get "1st Blue" or "1st/2nd Red". You pay abit more money but you will be sitting with a "civilised" crowd. Personally, I'd picked "2nd Blue" class. After all,you are here to enjoy the football and the atmosphere!

I can't really compare San Siro to Old Trafford (I am a Man Utd Supporter, and I pay ALOT more money for the Old Trafford ticket). The game I have watched at San Siro was Inter Milan v Roma and it was not the best football game I have seen. But I still enjoyed being at San Siro and I highly recommend it to any sports fan who are currently at Milan.
The fans!
San Siro - Inter v Roma
The Trophy Room

Related Travel Blogs About San Siro

Manchester United vs. Liverpool
When my parents came over to visit me in Boston on my 21st birthday, they told me that my birthday present was a trip to Old Trafford to see Man United play Liverpool in the following Premiership sea…San Siro in Milan, Stade de France and Parc des Princes in Paris, Olympic Stadium in Rome, Olympic Stadium in Barcelona…

Check Milan Hotel Deals