San Remo

San Remo - the restaurant name

San Remo Barcelona Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Eat at your own risk Oct 21, 2013
Another La Ramba street restaurant which offered special deal for their tapas and paella.

We are not afraid yet since our last experience at La Ramba street restaurant, so we tried this place to find out the quality of the food. It has similar offered of food and price with people watch on the street.

So we seat and ordered their special menu. I ordered seafood paella and my travel partner ordered steak with fries.

The service was quick and efficient. The tapas arrived within minutes, unfortunately it left me baffle for awhile and speechless. The tapas selection arrived in one plate without art, without decoration, no salad, no sauces, nothing what so ever. It looks dry and taste dried. I only eat one of the tapas (the croquette) and I ignore the rest.

The paella looks yellowish and arrived in a plate and not in the special paella frying pan – no taste at all, just like boiled rice. I do not eat much of this, very very disappointed. The steak and the fried potatoes seem okay, but no salad on it.

The drink price was reasonable, most of the drinks cost 5 euro from coca cola to sangria, and 3 euro for coffee, tea or hot chocolate.

Overall, this is the last time I eat in La Ramba restaurants. I vow would never eat at their special offer anymore if I go back to Barcelona.
the dry tapas selection
yellow paella
steak and fries
the restaurant name
Ils1976 says:
I have to agree with Tania, I am glad we stayed away!
Posted on: Nov 18, 2013
sweettangerine says:
Looks like plenty of the Rambla places are tourist traps :(
Posted on: Nov 17, 2013