San Genaro

Check Sighisoara Hotel Deals

San Genaro Sighisoara Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
San Genaro - medieval pension May 24, 2012
Sighisoara is a beautifully preserved medieval town that is renowned as the birthplace of "Dracula". It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the seven fortified towns founded by the Saxons in the hills of Transylvania. The hilltop citadel dominates the town with the original medieval settlement enclosed within the fortress walls, surrounded by nine surviving towers.

As it was my first time visiting Sighisoara, I wanted to experience a complete old medieval atmosphere. So instead to choose a hotel in town, I`ve chosen a pension in the original medieval citadel on the hilltop.

San Genaro is a 3-star pension in a medieval building, and preserves the style of the old times. It is located in the heart of the citadel, right in front of the plaza where the annual medieval festival takes place.

Even if I asked for a single room, I`ve got a big room with 3 beds, at the price of a single room. My window had a beautiful view to the festival plaza. The room was almost spartan in amenities:) which means no modern furniture but old style ones, no modern flooring but old style battens, no modern carpet but old rustic rugs. Bathroom was simple and clean. Staff consisted in young kind people, joking and doing everything to make you feel confortable.

I was told that the prices for accommodation in the citadel are higher than those in the town. I didn`t care about this matter, and I was right to do so, because higher prices doesn`t mean you have to pay a fortune for your staying in the citadel. Being used to the prices in Europe, when the receptionist told me my room costs only 30 euro/night I couldn`t believe.

I enjoyed my stay in this pension thanks to its great location and its kind staff. I`ll try to return there at the beginning of July for the medieval festival.
reception desk
simsing says:
Congrats on feature, Vio!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Vio have a great day!:)
Koralifix says:
Hooray! Congrats on today's feature, Vio! Nicely done!

Check Sighisoara Hotel Deals