San Francisco International Hostel

San Francisco International Hostel Rates and Deals

San Francisco International Hostel Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Decent hostel in great location Sep 18, 2013
This hostel is in great location, near Powell station, and very easy to find. It was super easy for me coming from the SFO airport.

By the time I made plans for visiting San Francisco most hotels were booked and the ones that still had rooms were way too expensive. I later realized this was a very busy week, with big Oracle conference happening, and also the America’s Cup sailing race. So I was stuck with booking a shared room in a hostel. This one had the best location, price, reviews, so I booked it, and then my brother booked the same hostel few days later.

I arrived around noon, and I couldn’t check in so I had to leave my bags in the hostel nearby that has luggage storage. That was free. On my last day I had to leave my luggage again, and this time I had to pay 3$ extra. I left it for two hours only, but they still didn’t want to talk about it, and the rule is you pay when you leave things after checking out. Check in time is 2pm, and check out time is 10am. They take $5 for deposit, that you get back if you check out before 10am.

This used to be a hotel, Olympic Hotel. It looks nice inside, old but with a charm.

I had to change rooms twice. Both times I was in 4-bed female dorm with private bathroom. My roommates were nice, and I almost never saw them. In my second room bathroom tab didn’t really work on the second day, so I used common showers. It was my last day, so I didn’t care. Common showers and toilets were very decent. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this hostel in general. It wasn’t spotless, but much better than many other hostels. It exceeded my expectations anyway.

My brother was in 4-bed male dorm on the last floor. His room had a really bad smell to it, like mold. He bought an air freshener, but it didn’t help. He had one business guy who was ok, and couple of young inconsiderate guys that were making too much noise every night.

Young people at the reception were nice and helpful, but nothing out of ordinary.

Hostel advertised free water, coffee and tea all day. Coffee was really bad and often cold, but water fountain was a nice touch. Free pancakes breakfast was also advertised, but this was a big mess. You have to make them yourself, they just provide ingredients. Kitchen was super busy, everybody trying to make it. I couldn’t find a pan, or oil, so I quickly gave up, and had my breakfast outside.

This common area on the ground floor was big, with tables and couches, lots of power outlets, it had a stage as well. I know at night there was free beer served in the basement, but I don’t drink beer so I never went, nor did I check out the basement.

Another common area was located on the first floor. This area had few couches, and a small library. Free lockers were also on this floor.
female dorm
cicie says:
congrats Debra :)
Posted on: Dec 06, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Dec 06, 2013
cherryG cherryG
Smell pee in the room! May 08, 2011
This hostel is like going straight to thee toilet!

This Hostel is the most dirtiest hostel I ever been encounter. We check in last night 8 ish May 07, 2011. After we pay we went upstairs 6the floor room 615. Soon we enter the room I smell pee inside the room not in the toilet. I looked where exactly the smell come from. I found out that it's beside the bed. We both exhausted and we don't know that we end end up to staying in this shyty hostel that smell pee. This hostel is disgusting!!!!!!! Stay away from this hostel ewwwwwww

Check San Francisco International Hostel Rates and Deals