San Diego Wild Animal Park

15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, San Diego, CA, USA

San Diego Wild Animal Park Reviews

WaltJake WaltJake
Feb 18, 2007
We saw this and the famous San Diego Zoo, and loved them both...but this was better! There is a re-creation of natural habitats and the animals are allowed to roam free within their own compounds. You take a ride through the park seated in the back of an open air truck, and the animals come right up to you at stops. They gave us apple slices to feed to the Rhinos, and Ostriches came right up as well. The best part was the Giraffes, we got to feed them "cookies" that they took right out of your hands with their extra long tongues! This is about as close as you can get to an African Safari without actually leaving the country..But the predators (Lions, Cheetahs, etc) are kept in separate sections from the "prey", (wild boars and such) Definitely something the kids will love!

jwilsonwsu jwilsonw…
Jun 19, 2007
I have been wanting to go on a safari in Africa for as long as I can remember. This is about as close as one will get without having to go to Africa. You take a ride on a back of a safari truck and watch the animals roam in what looks like their natural habitat. The open-enclosure is home to giraffes, rhinos, buffalo, sheep and other species. Its an amazing experience with the animals being able to come right up to the truck. You can feed the giraffes and get very close to lions and other predators (which are in cages so no worries). I would suggest this to anyone (families included) visiting San Diego. Also visit the world famous Zoo, but be warned that this is the better experience :).

Related Travel Blogs About San Diego Wild Animal Park

The San Diego Wild Animal Park
The San Diego Wild Animal Park is a great cross between a zoo and an amusement park.   Ed and Debby had recommended visiting it and, even though we had lived in San Diego in the mid â…San Diego Wild Animal Park is a great cross between a zoo and an amusement park.    Ed and Debby…
Dead Sea Scrolls at The Museum of Natural History
This morning we moved out of the Motel 6 near LAX and relocated south to San Diego,  spend most of the day at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, its been awhile since I have visited a zoo and here …San Diego Wild Animal Park, its been awhile since I have visited a zoo and here the animals
Day Six--San Diego and Dennis
Today we were pulling up stakes and heading south. We had thought about maybe stopping in Hollywood, but decided against it. I wanted to see my buddy, and while it wasn’t a terribly long drive to S…San Diego Wild Animal Park .   We arrived there sometime about 11 AM , and went inside San Diego

Check San Diego Hotel Deals