San Diego Chicken Pie Shop

2633 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA, USA

San Diego Chicken Pie Shop Reviews

magnificent magnific…
Yuck! Mar 24, 2010
I started to make a review on a different restaurant when this one came up and I could not resist. All my reviews have been positive to this point. Over the years I've known many people that enjoy this place so of course this is just my opinion.

It is located on El Cajon Blvd just east of Texas St. The place was not clean and both times (only went a second because it was a popular place) going I could not really eat my food for every element was disgusting.

The dishes, glasses and eating utensils were old. Unless they changed the seating was very uncomfortable having no support and I found the service lacking.

I don't know what the appeal is but I would never go again . Head down just a few minutes to Mission Valley and you will find plenty of quality places to eat.
X_Drive X_Drive
May 17, 2006
This is one of only three Chicken Pie shops left in California. Founded during World War II, this institution appeals to senior citizens---not only because many of them have been patronizing it since it opened, but also because it's a good value and dishes up the sort of traditional fare that is unlikely to challenge the digestion or any fragile dental work. This is a streamlined, no-nonsense environment that gets to the point: The speedy delivery of chicken pies, which are actually made nowadays with turkey (no vegetables). They're loaded with rich gravy, topped with crisp pastry crusts and served with small mountains of mashed potatoes. They even follow the meal with a piece of pie.

Don't be put off by plenty of police officers in the place, they know a good place to eat when they see one.
yarasil says:
I forgot about the pie shop. Good food at a good price!!!

The next time I am in San Diego I will have to pay a visit.
Posted on: Jun 16, 2008