Samy's Curry House

Singapore Civil Service Club House, Singapore, Singapore
Samy's Curry House - The banana leaf with all curry dishes served on. You just get a fork and a spoon (no knife!). Delicious!
Samy's Curry House - Sitting outside is even better if you get a table there.
Samy's Curry House - View from outside.
Samy's Curry House - The ambience of the inside isn't very welcoming.
Samy's Curry House - The inside.

Samy's Curry House Singapore Reviews

grubi grubi
Sep 10, 2006
You don't order from a menu, you just get your banana leafe on your table and the waiter asks you, what you like. You can look at all dishes and give him the information. For every food you take, you have to pay. Everything they offer is made with a lot of curry which is very tasty and also a bit spicy. The ambience is a bit strange, but the food is even better. Try it!

We don't had to get member or had to pay anything for a membership as "athewinn" told us. We payed like in any other restaurant.
The banana leaf with all curry dis…
The ambience of the inside isn't v…
The inside.
Sitting outside is even better if …
Amanda says:
I'm so glad you went, and so glad you liked it!! They must have changed that rule, I'm glad they did!! Was the rest of your trip good?
Posted on: Sep 12, 2006
Eric says:
Cool, thanks for the photos!
Posted on: Sep 12, 2006
Amanda Amanda
Nov 06, 2004
We were lucky enough to have family that lived in Singapore; otherwise, we would never have known about this amazing, out of the way place. This small restaurant is actually in the private civil-service clubhouse, and you'll have to pay about $2.00 Singapore to have a "short term membership" for the night to eat there - TOTALLY worth it!! (That's for your party, not per person.)

This place is not for the faint of heart - it is VERY spicy!! That being said, the food is amazing. You eat off banana leaves, and there is kind of a "game" to this place; the men that work there wander around with big pots of amazing foods; different curries, rices, breads... and as they pass you, they try to dump it on your banana leaf. If it hits your leaf, you're going to have to pay for it. So you spend half the time trying to eat the super spicy food, and half the time keeping eyes in the back of your head for them trying to sneak up on you from behind you! It's a funny, fantastic time, and unforgettable. We did this our first night in Singapore, and I'd do anything to go back. I know that someday I will.

Prices were really reasonable, try to get a table outside - there's no AC!!!!
hayleyk83 says:
sounds good, i defo wanna go to raffles when im there..thanks for the time about the drink
Posted on: Nov 08, 2007
grubi says:
That sounds really good, because we all like curry a lot. I'm sure I can write a review after my travel :-)
Posted on: Sep 03, 2006
travelman727 says:
It sounds like a WILD time not to be missed! Sign me up!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2006