Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport Rates and Deals

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
I had fun, cool casino & hotel to hang out Jan 04, 2010
I went to Sam’s Town after being homeless in Shreveport after my Greyhound incident. I decided to rather spend money having fun at a casino than in a taxi back to Ruston. This casino is located very conveniently, just a few blocks from Shreveport downtown. I had to take my bus to Ruston very early the next morning, so I didn’t want to have to walk much on my way back.

I was a total newbie in the casino world, so when I got in, I asked what did I needed to do to play. I learned that I could play just like that, but it was more convenient for me to get a free casino card. I registered and then I asked for the hotel night. The price was 69 dlls, so I thought it was reasonable.

I went to the casino and immediately looked for the Texas Hold’em tables. They actually don’t have player vs player Texas Hold’em, just play vs the house. I was kind of bummed by that, so I joined a small three card poker tournament. I did pretty good in the first phase, I qualified for the next one, but couldn’t get through that one. I had fun, but I didn’t want to spend all my money at once and I went to the poker machines. I didn’t do that good over there and I was getting bored, so I came back to the poker tables. Again I played 3 card poker vs the dealer and I was winning again. Then I made the wrong call of going to the Texas Hold’em table and I lost all that I had won and more.

I was getting tired and I didn’t want to lose more money, so I went to my room. I had never stayed at a casino before. The room was nice, but it had all the atmosphere of one of those “one night stand” motels. I confirmed my thoughts when I checked the channels available on the TV. There were a few decent channels but also looots of adult options. Anyway I was too tired so I just went to bed and slept almost immediately. I had set the alarm to ring at 6 AM, but it never rang! I woke up at 6:45 all in fear! I got dressed in military record time, literally threw the key at the front desk (one very convenient thing is that they check you out during the night and deliver your invoice below your door, I loved that!) and ran to catch my greyhound! I didn’t want to be stranded again! Fortunately I was on time to catch it and my Shreveport adventure ended.
The hotel and casino
montecarlostar says:
You're welcome Eric! I got a few on my list. Will try to get them posted soon! Cheers!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for the hotel reviews! Really helps out the site a lot.
Posted on: Feb 26, 2010

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport Overview

Located on the Red River, this Shreveport accommodation is just two blocks from the Shreveport Convention Center. Guests at the Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport will find many attractions nearby, like Festival Plaza, the Gardens of the American Rose Center, the casino district, the Louisiana Boardwalk, the State Fair Grounds, and Independence Bowl. The Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport is located eight miles from the Shreveport Municipal Airport.

The 514 guest rooms and suites at the Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport feature a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, 32” color TV, refrigerators, and high-speed Internet access. Bathrooms offer over-sized tubs, marble flooring, granite counter tops, and special toiletries.

With casino action 24-hours a day on the 19th century riverboat, guests at the Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport will have many distractions to choose from. Not only is there gambling, but guests can enjoy a relaxing spa with massage, a steam/sauna, or take a swim in the nicely landscaped outdoor swimming pool. Other amenities include a fitness center, nightly live entertainment, 24-hour room service, several dining choices, and a gift shop. Business travelers can take advantage of the hotels full-service business center, providing audiovisual equipment to accommodate meeting needs.

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower