Samran Place Hotel Bangkok

Samran Place Hotel Bangkok Rates and Deals

Samran Place Hotel Bangkok Reviews

Pulcinella211 Pulcinel…
How i was ripped off Dec 26, 2012
I would like to give no stars to them, but that is not possible.

My booking was for superior room which has supposed to have flat screen TV, sitting area, and bathtube. They made me pay upon check in, although agency has my credit card details. But i didnt know that thai branch works behalf of the hotel, no matter what happens it is always you to be blamed as a foreigner,

My booking was through I paid 1300 baht per night. I tell you that you can find decent 4 star hotels only by paying 1400-1500 baht around Silom, Sathorn area.

First room i had been shown was on 6th floor facing the street, it had two chairs (sitting area), bigger and had a bathtube. There were pillows but no pilow case. The room and windows was too dusty that i thought the weather is rainy outside and i immediately felt the dust on my skin, my skin became itchy, i didnt want to make any hassle though, but the noise was unbearable that i felt like i was sleeping on the street. I asked for a change, they showed me a brighter room on 8 th floor, smaller but quiet. Obviously it was a standard one, there was no bathtube, no flat screen no sitting area not even a hair dryer, i asked if they are sure it is a superior room, the bloke with lipstick on assured me that it is superior.

First night i noticed that the bed sheets were dirty, because there was a strange head smell on them. In the morning i horrified that seeing loads of brown stains on the bed sheet, same for towels. I immediately asked for cleaning, two grinning/ laughing cleaners came and they changed only one pillow case. I didnt ask to change the other as i use only one pillow, actually i was only fed up of struggling.

Since then there was always a trouble about cleaning, they never replaced the toileteries, toilet papers, they never changed the towels, they just fold them neatly almost they pretend like they did a good job.

Finally i broke down, my other pillow case was still dirty, after cleaning there was no towel in the room, one of the trash bin was full, no toilet paper, no complimentary water. I went down to the 5 th floor and i saw a cleaning cart and i obtained all by myself. I wrote to to ask my last day money back as i dont want to waste my time there. i couldnt step on the floor, as it was too dirty. I think i am still healthy so far. Because i bought my own food and ate in the room. I am not recommending this hotel / kennel to anyone.. says that it is my mistake because i wanted to change the room in the very first day. I didnt ask for a downgrade and i asked them if it was the same category. After they assured me that it is the same category, i made the full payment, They charged the price of superior room. asked me photo evidence, i sent them. But now they are saying that i asked for a change, to summarize never stay in this hotel. BOOKING.COM is having commission from them and they work together as an organization.
The dirt in the shower, my superio…
Flat SCreen telly!!!
Showe area, needles to say there w…
Sitting area
gingerbatik gingerba…
Little Gem Dec 14, 2008
I could say I am a regular at this place as I stayed here many times before – more than 7 times as it is cheap, cost THB 1,000 = usd 29 per night for single or double inclusive breakfast. Mostly I booked the room through the website.

The hotel is quite small but clean with very friendly staff which will great you with smiles every time they see you.

Hassle free check in and room size is reasonable, compact with twin room and a small window facing the street and all amenities you need such as soap, shampoo and they clean the room and change the towel on daily basis.

Breakfast serve from 7am to 10am at the restaurant down stair near lobby area. The breakfast is quite limited, you can choose from 4 selections, fried rice or fried noodles, or toast and jam, or omelet and a plate of fresh fruits with coffee and tea. However, the food size is really small. I am consider small person but sometimes I still feel hungry after eating breakfast and I could eat two plates probably. No wonder most of Thai girl are small in size – it seems they do not eat much.

Anyway, the second floor of the hotel sell antiques and it is really fun browsing the stuff there and very intriguing.

Not much entertainment at this place, but you can book day tour from here or get a taxi outside for a day which cost THB1000 to go around the floating market and rose garden.

Downside, it is a wee bit difficult to find as not many taxi driver know the location (especially from the airport) – even though the location is right at the busy main street, and I have it written down on a piece of paper, the taxi driver sometimes have to ring the hotel directly to get a direction. It cost around THB240 by taxi from the airport – under usd 10.

If you do not have many luggage and want to save taxi fare, you could take train and BTS from the airport as the location is within 5 minutes’ walk from “Phetchaburi” BTS station (opposite is Asia hotel). The hotel location also within walking distance to Siam Shopping centre and Pratunam and Pantip Plaza and if you do not mind walk a bit, it is 15 to 20 minutes’ walk to the main attraction of “four faces Buddha” in Silom (Erawan Hotel).

Plenty of local restaurants at night time along the hotel main street, mostly sell fresh sea food and famous tom yum soup at reasonable price, – however it is closed during day time, and the seller speak little English only. However, I do not have any problem ordering the food. There are a couple of massage places along the street and one is really good, especially for foot and back massage and it is really cheap.

Next door from this hotel also another new, bigger and nicer hotel, probably the price is going up by now, previously it was the same price as this hotel.
breakfast room
fried noodles for breakfast
fruits for breakfast
local seafood restaurant next door…
Cho says:
Yunni, I have stayed at this hotel too. Nothing fancy, but it was ok and close to many conveniences, including the Skytrain station.
Posted on: Jan 18, 2014
contrabandkarma contraba…
Conveniently located yet affordable Jun 23, 2008
I first heard about Samran Place from a colleague who recommended it when I was looking for a cheap-ish hotel in Bangkok - I was a little apprehensive at first, since this colleague is able to totally slum it out at ratty old backpacker places and I treasure at least a modicum of comfort, but went ahead after looking at the pictures on the website.

I know, I know... Stupid. In the end, though, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is nothing to shout about; don't expect a boutique hotel or exceedingly great levels of service, but if you approach it with a hope-for-the-best attitude, it's fine.

The staff are fine, they helped me whenever I requested for anything and that's all anyone can ask of them. The beds were relatively comfortable and the bathroom is in decent condition, though I had some trouble with the tap. A call to the reception, 10 minutes and some elbow grease by a plumber later, all was well again.

The room I had faced the main road, which was a good thing because I don't really want to imagine what I would've been looking at had I been given a room facing any of the other 3 directions - the surrounding area isn't exactly Beverly Hills, to say the least.

One great thing about Samran Place is that there is a massage place right next door to the hotel. On almost every night of my stay, I'd make my way down to get a cheap massage - just 200THB for a Thai massage! The oil massage at 400THB wasn't quite worth the money in my opinion, but I guess your mileage may vary.

Transport-wise, it's easy to get to the major shopping areas from Samran Place. The BTS station is a 10-15 minute walk away, although I just crossed the road to take a cab most days. It's a 5 minute cab ride to The Platinum Fashion Mall, which is almost the only place you'll need to go for cheap and trendy clothes.

Overall I found Samran Place to be an excellent deal for the price they're charging. If you don't wanna slum it out at a backpacker's place but don't want to spend too much either, Samran Place is a pretty good middle ground.
hayley499 says:
iv stayed at this hotel and its ok if your on a budget however i wouldnt rush back. basic but iv stayed in better for same price.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011

Samran Place Hotel Bangkok Overview

Upon being welcomed to Samran Place, guests will instinctively sense the naturally warm and friendly atmosphere, a harmonious blend of Thai hospitality and Western efficiency. The facilities are optimized for relaxation amidst a cozy and comfortable ambience of personalized service. It is just a 40 minute drive from the Donmuang International Airport. A newly built hotel within close proximity to business canters, shopping facilities, entertainment complexes makes it prominently convenient for guests to pursue a broad variety of activities be it for business or for pleasure. The on-site restaurant serves Western and Thai food which is located on the 1st floor of the hotel. We also offer internet and room service, a business center, and laundry facilities. Rooms are elegantly furnished with the most modern of amenities, air conditioning, bathtub with shower, refrigerator, telephone, television reception via satellite and cable are all standard.

Samran Place Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Highchairs