Samiramiss Hotel

Check Amman Hotel Deals

Samiramiss Hotel Amman Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
A bunch of crooks! Dec 31, 2012
This will be short. I was 'recommended' this hotel from a taxi driver named 'Ally' who was driving me from the Sheikh Hussein Bridge border crossing. The taxi company was Jordan Valley 2000.

I had originally asked to go to a hostel but was told by the driver that he knew of a clean hotel for 15 Jordanian Dollars. That's one, five dollars I had asked twice so there was no confusion.

After arriving and inspecting the room, before pulling my luggage from the car I asked the front desk to confirm the price, 15 dollars sir, that's one five right? Yes! Great deal! Tipped the driver well for his great find and gave my passport to the desk and said I would be back later with some cash.

An hour later, I returned and was asked my intended stay and said maybe two days, could I leave a fifty dollar deposit. Change my cloths and start the charging process, phone, cameras etc. Oh no I left my plug adaptor in Israel. Back downstairs to find where I can find a store that would sell an adaptor, seeing as the hotel didn't carry any.

Returned 30 minutes later after a shop keeper gave me his own because the store had already closed, thank-you, and noticed behind the front counter a posted rate of 50 JD/night. How much is my room for the night sir? 50 dollars! No no no you told me 15! Why would I? You and the driver both repeatedly told me 15! I can not afford this, how much will you charge if I leave now? 50JD! But I have only been here two hours, 10 minutes in the room. Sorry sir nothing I can do!

Crooks!!

I know this is not a standard review, but I feel that the story must be told so travellers no matter where they are, are not subjected to such blatant thievery!
ccjbeachbum says:
bummer
Posted on: Jan 01, 2013

Samiramiss Hotel Overview

The Samiramiss Hotel offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a safe-deposit box, a business centre and meeting rooms for the guests. Travellers can take advantage of the available internet access to stay in contact with friends and family while away. Conveniently part of the hotel services, guests can catch up on work with the computers available for hire.

Grand Cinemas, Hisham Hotel Pub and Al-Khalidi Medical Center are within driving distance of the Samiramiss Hotel. King Abdullah Design and Development Bureau can be reached with a 20 minute drive. The centre of Amman is 20 minutes away by car. Amman Civil Airport (ADJ) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. Diwan al-Sultan Ibrahim Restaurant, Mecca Mall and City Mall Jordan are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Samiramiss Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Computer
  • Direct dial phone
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage