SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver

SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Rates and Deals

SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

beuvave beuvave
just like feeling home Mar 30, 2011
I was about to stay a few days there has i had just arrived in town to live for a whole year in vancity. I ending up staying 3months !!

this place is simply the best hostel i ve ever been. It s gigantic but still it look cosy and clean, with big couchs, a tv room, an enormous kitchen, a pool table that helped me meeting people every day after coming back from work

pretty quiet even though rowdy outside.

highly recommanded
MichaelKnight MichaelK…
Rooms are meh (*teetor-totter hand gesture), people are nice Dec 29, 2010
So I recently was in Vancouver in November and stayed at samesun. If you read my other review you'll notice I stayed in a hotel in Vancouver too. I switched to the hotel only because I wanted a good night's rest before my flight to Auckland, not because I didnt like the hostel.

Anyway, overall I would say it was a pretty average hostel. I've stayed in better, but definately have stayed in worse too.

Good stuff: The washrooms were pretty clean and the showers had a decent amount of force, which is important to me because it's part of the whole zest-fully clean experience. Also, they had free wireless, which is great (or maybe I was just using my 3G network - cant remember now). Some people working there were super nice - if I could remember their names I would tell you but I have the memory of your 90 yr old great grandfather so I apologize.

Location was great too (i.e. central - although it was on a busy and loud street, so depends what you are looking for). But I'm starting to think the location of anything in downtown Vancouver is great since it's small and so everything ends up being pretty central.

Bad stuff: The room I was put in was really cramped. Not sure how they managed to fit 8 beds in there, but they did (yes, they were bunks). The lounge or common room was pretty small and so there was never anywhere to sit. And I think you had to pay for internet on their computers (which I dont like the idea of having to do) but I didnt care because of the data on my phone. I guess it's better than goign to an internet cafe, although I"m not sure if they were any cheaper.

Other stuff: Just so you know, over 90% of the people staying here are Australian. Not that I have a problem with that - everyone I hung out with was Australian (almost everyone). But if you're Australian, maybe you wont like it since that's what all the Aussies seemed to tell me.

Breakfast is served free in the morning (basic toast) or you can pay a really small amount and get warm stuff like eggs and sausage. I didnt want either so I never ended up trying anything.

There is a bar attached to the place so it can get pretty rowdy at night (and loud). But I didnt really hear anything so I think you'll be ok.

Overall, pretty average. But I would probably stay there again because I found it pretty easy to meet people and make friends. Maybe because there are tons of Aussies, who tend to be pretty friendly.
Rhysv Rhysv
Convenient and Easy Oct 10, 2008
The Samesun Hostel is Vancouver is a great place to stay... Free wireless internet for those who bring their laptops, a free self-serve pancake breakfast every morning and conveniently located in the Downtown area of Vancouver. Its easy to get to from the airport, the airport shuttle bus drops off and picks up at the nearby holiday inn hotel and most of the city is within convenient walking distance. The staff at reception are really friendly always willing to help out and there is always organised events every night of the week. The Beaver bar downstairs is a great place to get cheap drinks and to meet fellow travelers, a great place to make new friends.

Check SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Rates and Deals