Samal Island Travel GuideBrowse 6 travel reviews, 6 travel blogs and 696 travel photos from real travelers to Samal Island.
People Traveling to Samal Island
Samal Island Overview
The beautiful Island of Samal in Southern Mindanao is easily reached by Ro-ro ferry from Sasa wharf located on the outskirts of Davao city which despite what people say about Mindanao is one of the safest and friendliest Cities that I have visited in South East Asia .
Crossing from the mainland takes about 15 minutes and you can take your car , motorcycle or even the Island express bus , there are many resorts dotted along the coastline with some of the more popular ones being Pearl farm and blue Jazz and have prices to suit most budgets .
Apart from the beautiful white sand beaches that can be found on Samal there are plenty of things to keep the visitors occupied here are some of the favorites !
* Aquatic Sports: Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Jet Ski Ride
* Swimming and Beach Hopping
* See the Pawikan and Dugong Sanctuaries
* Visit Bat Cave in Babak District that is home to 1.8 million Geoffrey’s Rousette Fruit Bat
* Spelunking in Simbahan Dako Cave, Kimoko Cave, Mangongaong Cave and other caves in Talicud Island, Kaputian District and Babak District .
* Discover its waterfalls (Hagimit Falls, Tambang Falls, Tagbaobo Falls)
* Island Hopping (Samal Island, Talikud Island, Malipano Island & Ligid Island)