Sam Poo Kong

Jalan Simongan, Semarang, Indonesia

Sam Poo Kong Semarang Reviews

yuness yuness
'The Beautiful Temple in Semarang' May 10, 2013
I have known about Sam Poo Kong Temple from a long time ago when my Sister use to live in Semarang, but I never found the time to visit until now.For now I can visit Central Java on a vacation, making the Temple at Semarang, a most place to visit. At the Hotel that I was staying, I asked some of the reception employees how to get to the Temple they say I can take the bus there today from in front of the hotel. so after breakfast, I took the bus / minibus to Karang Ayu here I just paid IDR 4.000 after the change another bus / minibus to Gedong batu and only pay IDR 2.000. The driver dropped me off at the front of Sam Poo Kong Temple. On Entry, the ticket price is only IDR 3.000, pretty cheap .

The Temple is of Chinese origin has the alternative name Gedung Batu but is now called Sam Poo Kong temple it is built in the style of a Great Pagoda that now stands at the site of the original temple set by “Zheng He” this temple and his cave temple were destroyed by a landslide in 1704. In 1724 Sam Poo Kong was built, also a new cave temple was made next to the old one. Zheng’s original temples were for Muslim worship but the local people here are of mixed religions that of Buddhists and Muslims etc, the rebuild style is of a Buddhist reflection, but fact that here on this site are now 5 temples suggests that many religions have worshipped here...

The temples are Located in Gedong Batu, Simongan, Semarang. It is called Gedong Batu because its shape is a huge Batu Cave that is situated in the rocky cliff here. This red pagoda temple building is a silent witness to the arrival of China’s Admiral Ho Chen (Zheng He). Who’s story is one of a 15th century legendary sailor, admiral and explorer. Who on arrival found a cave for to take his Muslim prays...his legacy was to leave a small temple here on his departure from Java. It is fact that some of his crew stayed behind, but as to why they did so is unclear to me as I read many reasons.

The original temples give one trace as to the start of the Islamic civilization in the land of Java. These temples throughout the ages have been in and out of use many times but now times are good again here and many celebrations take place...All religions seem to come together here for the common good in human beings.

The Panorama of the main red pagoda Temple is one that attracts many tourists from home and afar. Inside the complex there is a bridge, and the Cave of the Great Pagoda Sam Poo Kong, The Pagoda Tee Kong, and four places of worship. The main temple building also has differences with other pagoda, that of a stacking roofs also it has a separate foyer. This greatly strengthens the main function of the building as a mosque.

In March a sculpture was made of Admiral Ho Chen (Zheng He). So, when you come to Sam Poo Kong you can see the figure of the admiral which is made of bronze with a weight of 3.7 tons and a height of about 10.7 meters .. Wow .. I take a photo with a statue.

Until now Sam Poo Kong temple still stands proudly and captivate local and foreign tourists who come to visit, including me .. with an unrelenting stare at this temple building I take the opportunity to photograph everything and anything. I will not waste it during my vacation in the city of Semarang :)
The Temple
The Temple
yuness says:
My Dear friends thank lots for the congratz..really appreciated :)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2013
raghunathsingh503 says:
congrats
Posted on: Sep 15, 2013
Johnpro says:
Congrats for the featured :)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2013