Sam City Hotel

Check Sana'a Hotel Deals

Sam City Hotel Sana'a Reviews

seraphimkarlien seraphim…
nice mid-range hotel Nov 04, 2007
As I was arriving late at night, I had made a reservation and asked for someone from the hotel to come and pick me up, which they confirmed by e-mail. When I arrived at the airport, there was noone waiting for me though. I took a taxi, which was fine and cheaper than the price I'd agreed with the hotel. After this one miscommunication, I had a pleasant stay though. I was given a bottle of water upon arrival and the staff was always friendly and helpful.

My room was nice, with a comfy bed, a TV, fridge, airco and en-suite bathroom. The first two nights I got woken up by the call for prayer, but I guess that's going to happen anywhere in Yemen. Otherwise it was pretty quiet.

Breakfast was included. Usually they just made me an omelette with bread (the bread in Yemen is the best I've tasted anywhere) and tea. Except for the one morning there was also a German tour group staying there, then we got a "European" breakfast including stale French bread.

The location is quite good. It's on a major street just outside the old town. Staying in the old town would be nice too, but at least this place was easy to find back at night (I'm bad with directions, especially in the dark).
the view from my room