Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui)

Average rate: $60 - Hotel class: 4 stars
339 Guang Dong Road, Shanghai, China

Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) Rates and Deals

Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) Shanghai Reviews

princeza_9 princeza…
Affordable luxury near The Bund and Nanjing Lu May 27, 2009
I’d decided long ago (Krakow- February ’06) that I’d had enough of hostels. That didn’t mean I wanted to spend a ton of cash on a hotel. Then I traveled in China. Two lackluster (and sometimes less-than-clean) hotels in Xi’An and Chengdu, I figured I’d shell out the few extra Yuan for some nice digs. Using the internet, I found the Salvo Hotel. According to the site, it had all the stars I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay. It was supposed to be near the river, therefore near The Bund and Pudong, and not too far from the airport.

Correct on all points.

My initial impression of the hotel wasn’t that good. When the car pulled up to the entrance, I was disconcerted because the exterior was bland and there was no sign. Then the concierge came out to take my bags, and I immediately felt better. Inside, I knew I was getting the stars that had been advertised. The women at the front desk were friendly, helpful and spoke good English. After checking in, the concierge brought my bags up to the room, showed me the keycard slot for electricity by the door, then turned the TV on for me.

The suite was fabulous. It was spacious, well-decorated (not kitschy or crowded, but tasteful and warm). The sitting area had a mini-bar, a TV with mini-fridge underneath, a desk with desktop computer (with Windows options in English and Chinese) and a sofa. The bedroom held a king-size bed, another TV and general light control switch. The bathroom was normal, except for the separated triangle tub and shower. Very comfortable for my 3-night stay in Shanghai.

There are three restaurants in the hotel- Chinese, Japanese, and Western. The Chinese restaurant is situated on the 3rd floor, serving Shanghai/Cantonese food. The menu was large, the food was great, and since I’d gone on Dragon Boat Festival day, I got a free zong zi. An extra special touch that went on the Why this place is getting 5 stars list. I didn’t try the Japanese restaurant, but the Western one was less than stellar. The French Onion soup was plain, the melon and Iberica ham was delectable though, and the tiramisu was obviously frozen. Too much money for too mediocre food.

Checking out was a breeze since I hadn’t taken anything from the mini-bar. Swift, efficient, and they asked the concierge to arrange a taxi to the airport for me. No problems there.

When in Shanghai, I do recommend this hotel. For the price, you get a lot of comfort and convenience. Located on Guangdong Dong Lu, it’s only 10 minutes to The Bund, 20 to Pudong and 10-15 to Nanjing Lu.

Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) Overview

The Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) is located proximate to the Bund, one of the most popular areas of the city. This Shanghai hotel is also close to the city center and only a mile from the Shanghai railway station. There are plenty of shops to visit and other attractions to explore in this area of the city. The Hongqiao International Airport is located approximately 9 miles from the Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui).

The rooms at the Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) are provided with amenities suitable for business or pleasure guests. The rooms are provided with complimentary high-speed Internet connections and suites have desktop computers included. There are television sets with cable service in each room and telephones provided with direct international dialing.

The Salvo Hotel (Zhongfu Shifuhui) contains two restaurants. One specializes in Chinese dishes and the other both Chinese and Western fare. The hotel also has a gymnasium where guests can work out or receive a massage from the in-house service. There is a business center at this hotel which can accommodate meetings of up to 140 attendees.

Salvo Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes