Salty's On Alki Banquets

www.saltys.com/seattle - (206) 937-1600

Salty's On Alki Banquets Seattle Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
Best Brunch in Seattle! Dec 26, 2010
I love going to Salty's because there are so many choices for their brunch, held on the weekends. You'll find shrimps served several ways, dungeness crab, oysters, mussels, paella, two kinds of eggs Benedict, bacon, ham, roast beef, pancakes, waffles, omelets, salmon (cooks and cold), plus decadent desserts, including both a chocolate and caramel fountains to coat your fruit. You should prepare yourself for a minimum of three trips to the buffet if you want to try a little of everything....there's so much food!

Cocktails like mimosas, bloody Marys, etc. are offered, averaging $10 each.

There were three of us on this particular visit and with the tip, our bill was $182...a bit steep, so this is definitely a once a year or less extravagance.

Be sure to go to their website and make a reservation instead of just showing up...you'll shave at least 30 minutes off your wait! It's always crowded, especially during a holiday.
Tora with plate #2
William's 2nd plate of food
Tora coming back from her 2nd trip…
William coming back from trip #2 a…
Africancrab says:
Had very little time in Seattle, but this sounds like a place I should like very much, if I return to Seattle.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2011
williamsworld says:
Ok, I hope that we can maybe make it here the next time I get up there. Sounds wonderful!!!
Posted on: Jan 04, 2011
Traveling_Brian Travelin…
Good Seafood and a Amazing View Mar 29, 2008
If you've been to Alki Beach, you are probably aware of the great views of Seattle it has to offer. But it still amazes me how much better the view was from within Salty's. For those of you who haven't been to Alki Beach, it stands West of Downtown Seattle (in West Seattle) across Elliot Bay. In the restaurant you'll get a great view of the bay and the city in the backdrop. If you time your visit just right, you can see Seattle in the daylight, then over the course of your meal, watch the city's lights pop on as the sky grows darker. I can't decide if I like the view at night or at day better... a well timed dinner will give you both. The view alone might be worth the trip to Salty's regardless of the food.

But do not worry, the food is very good as well. Salty's is a seafood restaurant. And like a good seafood restaurant the menu will change from day to day depending on what is fresh (they do have a regular menu that doesn't change as well). But just to warn you, like good seafood restaurants, Salty's isn't cheap. But don't worry, it won't exactly break your bank.

I had the oven-baked halibut served with kumquat butter, asparagus, and potatoes al-gratin. The halibut was backed in a small cast-iron pan and came out with a nice char around the edges indicating that it was cooked in a wood-fire oven. The asparagus was cooked perfectly and tasted good. The potatoes were also neatly presented, and while they did not standout, complemented the rest of the meal well. It was probably one of my favorite seafood dishes hands down. I'm not a seafood specialist, but in my opinion it was worth the price and I would order it again.

Dessert was equally as impressive. My girlfriend and I ordered the "Best Chocolate Cake Ever" and the White Chocolate Grand Mariner Cheesecake. The problem with naming something "best ever" is that you always set your customers up for a disappointment. The chocolate cake was great... but not the best ever. If you like chocolate cake, get it. But never believe the "best ever" statement. The cheesecake was amazing as well. My date and I shared both dishes and we both enjoyed the cheesecake more. But be warned, the dessert are very rich. Chances are you are better off sharing one dessert with someone else... that was the first time I ever had to leave with dessert uneatten... and it was sad.

Lastly, Salty's has a romantic view... though I can't say the atmosphere was all that romantic. It is both dressy and casual. It can get pretty loud in the restaurant. Not the place I would choose to go for a quiet, romantic evening with a loved one.
Inside Salty's