Salto del Cabrero

Grazalema, Spain

Salto del Cabrero Grazalema Reviews

davidx davidx
Good walk in limestone - Sierra de Grazalema Nov 04, 2010
I had twice been on the bus from Ronda to Ubrique through the village of Grazalema and each time I had been highly tempted to get off. The third time I only had a ticket as far as Grazalema and I did get off.

The village is famous for (historical) bandits and blankets and (always) RAIN - said to be the wettest place in all Spain. I have yet to see rain there. Those who have not visited this area may well be astonished at how lush and verdant the scenery is.

You need a map and you should be able to get a 'map militar' in Ronda. Otherwise you can pick up a sort of plan/map at the park office in the village. Take the road for El Bosque and just near the junction where a road forks right to Zahaara there is a place where you can cross the wire fence to your left.

Having crossed this, g straight ahead and avoid the turning to the left. After a couple of hours you will reach a farm - pigs were running free all over the place when I was there - and hsortly after you wil see El Salto del Cabrero (Goatherd's Leap). It consists of a beautiful series of vertical rock walls quite close to each other,

I was lucky enough to meet a couple from Sevilla, who were camping at Grazalema, and walk with them. We shared our food and I am sure they got the worst of the bargain because they cooked some delicious local sausages on a calor gas stove.

I felt I could advance my Spanish massively - but they were leaving next day and I met nobody else to converse with on other walks.
The farm, Salto del Cabrero
Salto del Cabrero

Related Travel Blogs About Salto del Cabrero

El Salto del Cabrero
All around the village lies the Sierra de Grazalema, an area containing wonderful limestone peaks and gorges. Various raptors can be seen overhead as well as the vultures, whose nests are protected. …Grazalema and Ubrique. They were wonderful A farm we reached not long before the Salto del Cabrero had a large…

Check Grazalema Hotel Deals