Salt Restaurant

Toldbodgade , Copenhagen, Denmark

Salt Restaurant Copenhagen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Delicious food right at the water front Aug 29, 2017
It is Copenhagen Cooking Festival in October for 2 weeks, and we booked this restaurant a month in advanced to make sure we get a table.

The concept of the festival is to share and to eat together with people or community.

So the restaurant provided a long table which can accommodate up to 50 people on one table, and there is 5 big long tables at the patio facing the ocean.

We really enjoy the view and the atmosphere, it was very lively.

At first, we don’t know who sit next to us, as everybody can choose their own seat, but soon our neighbour become friends and we just talk among each other.

After seated, we get a free drink of Cucumber mix with alcohol drink which was refreshing. To my surprise, the whole drinks during lunch was included in the price. We have 7 dishes and drinks as well. What a nice deal.

The restaurant manager and the chef give introduction before they start serve the food.

The first dish arrived and it was shared among our table. It was pickles herring with potatoes and chips. Taste was delicious. I was a bit shy and take a little bit only, and after that I was still hungry since the dish was gone somewhere share among us. Luckily the bread was there so I nibble on the yummy bread while waiting for the next dish.

The second dish was deep fried fish with cucumber, mushroom and mayonnaise salad. The traditional Danish open sandwich with brown bread top with prawn was distribute around. More fried fish coming in a couple bowl. I ate two of those and feeling a bit full after that.

But oh noo….. still many dishes to come.

Luckily we have a long break after this. We chat among our neighbour and have a nice time.

All the food served was delicious, the setting right at the ocean view and the new friends was very nice and interesting.

After 4.5 hours it was time to say goodbye, and we were stuff like turkey. We will definitely be back to this restaurant.
the menu
my table with pre drink
our neigboar
the manager and chef introduce bef…
starship1 says:
Thank you so much! Can't find a way to leave a comment on your homepage so leaving it here!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2017
gingerbatik says:
thank you all for the comments and congrats, happy to hear:)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2017
vicIII says:
I see it was a genuine feast...Good for you!:)
Posted on: Sep 07, 2017