Salt Lake City Library

210 East 400 South, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Salt Lake City Library - View walking into the building from the south.  On the right are places to sit & read & study. As you are sitting up there you are looking down into the foyer & on the other side of you there is glass & you are looking out onto the Wasatch Mountains
Salt Lake City Library - South side. The glass is bluish & really reflects what's happening around it. The fountains weren't on today for some reason. Maybe they have turned them off for he winter. I don't know for sure.
Salt Lake City Library - West side
Salt Lake City Library - This is looking down on the study areas from the top floor
Salt Lake City Library - This is the south side entrance
Salt Lake City Library - An interior view from the north entrance

Salt Lake City Library Reviews

lwatkins47 lwatkins…
Salt Lake knows how to build a library! Dec 13, 2009
If you have ever wondered what $84,000,0000 US looks like, this is it! This is the most wonderful library. I am really into libraries. I love books, education, information... A few years ago Salt Lake built a new Main Library & it is gorgeous. I was there picking up books & had my camera & decided to share it with you. Surely some of you are library junkies also... I also had weather background for dynamic effect. Our library is the new kind where you can have food & drinks (probably not alcohol) in the library. You don't have to be quiet. You have to be respectful but it isn't like a morgue.

There are fireplaces & soft furniture to sit on on each floor. 5 floors.

The whole roof of the library is a garden we can sit in. It is beautifully planted & landscaped. It isn't the Taj Mahal or Angkor Wat but for what it is, it is great!

After the fact I realized I didn't take any pictures from the north or east. The web address picture is from the north side at night. In spring I will take pictures up on the roof & add them.

http://www.slcpl.lib.ut.us/locations.jsp?parent_id=8&page_id=20 Copy & paste this address into your browser to see the library at night
South side. The glass is bluish & …
West side
This is the south side entrance
View walking into the building fro…
almond72 says:
Forgot to ask, does the fireplace use books as well for fuel ? :P
Posted on: Dec 31, 2009
lwatkins47 says:
This library is soooooooooooo great. If you are into libraries this is one of the best. We have won awards for best library this & that. They judge libraries all over the US & we are among the top. They have everything! And you can take coffee & some food in to have while you are studying or working on your research project. Actually you can't have that by the computers I don't think but that is reasonable. A friend & I had a Spanish teacher for awhile & we just sat in the chairs by the fireplace for the lessons. It was great.
Posted on: Dec 31, 2009
almond72 says:
I love the library for the free wifi and magazines. I'd go bankrupt if I tried to subscribe to them all myself.
Posted on: Dec 30, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Salt Lake City Library

Land of many salt mines
OUR EDUCATION IN OUR YOUTHS. THIS IS TRUE STORY A MOTHER AND HER TEENAGE SON ABOUT 16,  SITTING BEHIND ME.MOTHER: WOW THERE ARE MANY SALT MINES WE SEE ABOVE.TEENAGER: HEY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY IT…Salt Lake City main library received an Institute Honor Award for Architecture by the American Institute of Architects…

Check Salt Lake City Hotel Deals