Salon Capon

Jr. Paruro #819, Lima, Peru
426-9286
Salon Capon - duck anyone?
Salon Capon - dining area on the 2nd floor
Salon Capon - 3 ajies: stuffed pepper - yummy!
Salon Capon - chichofan de langostinos: shrimp wrapped with rice pastry.
Salon Capon - wo tip kao: pork dim sum. Yummy!!! Love the ginger to dip, perfect contrast
Salon Capon - outside

Salon Capon Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty Dim Sum at Salon Capon in Chinatown Jan 02, 2010
There's a large number of Chinese restaurants (here called chifas) in Lima and in Peru in general. Nevertheless, not many offer Dim Sum. They are not that popular among the locals.

So, when I found on the Foodies Guide Book a place specialized in Dim Sum, I knew I had to try it. Furthermore, the restaurant is located in Chinatown, so the possibilities this place wouldn't be great were almost "0".

Shawn was in town and he loved Dim Sum, plus he had more experience with this dish than myself, so let's give it a try. It was a long walk, but totally worth it. It's located at the end of the main street in Chinatown and is part of a big building. At the first floor there are a few tables and things on sale like pastries and ducks! The dining room is upstairs and is big with tables with the "lazy susan" hahaha.

I didn't know what to order and Shawn wasn't sure what to get here, since it'd be his 1st time eating Dim Sum in Lima... ok, we just ordered what the guide recommended and asked the waiter for some tips. There are over 50 varieties of Dim Sum, all high quality and with genuine Chinese flavor. You will see the restaurant is crowded with Chinese people, what a good sign.

We tried:

-wo tip kao: this was pork. Very good dumpling. Love the ginger sauce to dip.

-chinchonfan de langostinos: this was shrimp wrapped with rice pastry. I like it, steemed and light. Great!

-Ajies rellenos: stuffed pepper. This was very good too.

There was 1 I was thinking about trying, but they didn't have it (fan kuo picante). An excuse to come back hehehe.
outside
duck anyone?
dining area on the 2nd floor
3 ajies: stuffed pepper - yummy!
yadilitta says:
yep and the foodies guide too
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010
geerbox says:
We chose good dim sum, not sure how since I didn't understand any of the words, thank goodness for helpful waiters!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010