Saloma Theatre Restaurant

  based on 1 review   write a review

139, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - (603) - 2161 0122

Saloma Theatre Restaurant Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
181 reviews
Saloma Theatre Restaurant Dec 03, 2010
Being a local, we are often ignorant of our own culture. Or.. we are so used to it that we don't usually pay much attention to our customs, traditions and roots...

I was given a chance to "re-connect" to my home ground when I was invited by my foreign colleague (who was actually being invited by her hotelier) to enjoy a night of local cuisine + local performances.

I was told that this restaurant is owned by our late Tan Sri P. Ramlee, a popular local artiste in the old days (some sort like Mr. Elvis Presley). This restaurant is popular among tourist agents, as they bring troops of tourist to this place to enjoy the local food and to learn a little about our culture.

Well, it's not really culture per se, it's some traditional dances/costumes with typical Malaysian songs... It's interesting to see the different colourful costumes from the 3 main races in Malaysia - Malay, Chinese and Indian. And the best part is when they introduce the different ethnic groups originated from East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak).

They will also invite some tourist up on stage to try on the dances and just have fun... and of course.. you can take as many pictures as you like with them...

The food served is 95% local I must say, and I believe they change their menu every other day. Of course they have to have the remaining 5% of western food just in case there are people whose stomach cannot tolerate our juicy cuisine.

Although the performance will not set you in awe, but it will definitely put some smiles on your faces. It sure is something interesting for foreigners and it's a nice and pleasant way to end the evening.

As I was told, it costs MYR 70 per head for the buffet + performance. The performance lasts for about an hour or so, and they usually have it every night, unless the hall is booked for some private functions.

The place is also open for lunch, but there will not be any performances.

So, will you go?
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Saloma Theatre Restaurant Map
3 reviews - $59
22 reviews - $83