Salem Wax Museum of Witches and Seafarers

288 Derby Street, Salem, MA, USA - (978) 740-2929

Salem Wax Museum of Witches and Seafarers Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Good if you are interested in the Witch Trials Oct 16, 2008
The Salem Wax Museum is a partner with the Salem Witch Village. This museum tells the story of the Salem Witch Trials of 1642, through a wax statues and information boards. It also relates some information of Salem’s seafaring history, but that is definitely secondary.

I thought the museum was under funded. The displays were informative, and the wax figures do a good job of bringing the historical events to life. But, the place looks like it was done by two guys, in their spare time. Granted the two guys must have been very dedicated, knowledgeable, and sincere. But, they didn’t have a lot of money.

With that said, I still enjoyed it. It is not for everyone. If you are not “into history” and the Witch Trials in particular, you will likely be bored. I enjoy history and am fascinated by this incident in American history. I came away with a much better vision on what happened and had more context on the actual people.

I don’t know that I would take the self guided tour again. But, I am glad I did it once.

Related Travel Blogs About Salem Wax Museum of Witches and Seafarers

My friend, Suzi & I got to Salem around 10am & went to the visitor center to decide what to see & do. It was supposed to rain but it ended up being a beautiful day. We first wen…SALEM WAX MUSEUM OF WITCHES & SEAFARERS. This was nice also.  Our last thing was an 8pm SPELLBOUND…

Check Salem Hotel Deals