Sale e Pepe

3 Luterană Street, Bucharest, Romania - 021-315 89 89

Sale e Pepe Bucharest Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Una bella pizza Jul 25, 2010
Sale e Pepe is an Italian restaurant located right behind the Radisson Blu Hotel. I had read about this tiny little trattoria in a brochure. It was nice and cozy with a small room on the ground floor and two small rooms and a mezzanine upstairs.

It felt a bit lonely since it was just the two of us. Another two came while we were eating though. I guess it is low season here as well. Most things seems to go very slow in June, July and August in this town.

Despite the restaurant being almost empty, they served excellent pizza. Actually one of the best I have had. It was the thin crust kind and it was nice an crispy. Besides pizza they also serve starters, salads, risotto, pasta, fish, chicken, pork and beef. Everything from 8 lei (plain pizza) to 45 lei (baked dorado) €2-€11. Deserts are around 10 lei. They have a separate coffee and tea menu with a great variety. This menu was quite interesting as we wondered if it was a jewelry brochure or a coffee menu (se the photos). Sale e Pepe also offers all kinds of soft drinks, beer, wine and cocktails. Our waiter was the nicest guy who showed us just the right amount of attention. Very professional indeed.

I had a pizza (30cm), a beer and a tiramisu and the total damage came to 46 lei (€ 11,5). Nothing to complain about at all. Very good price for great pizza.

From 10 am - 1 pm they also serve breakfast which consists of different types of panini for 9 lei, eggs & bacon for 11 lei and omelets for 11-13 lei. Great deal if you are on a budget.

If you are looking for Italian cuisine in Bucharest I can recommend Sale e Pepe. It´s a cozy place with great food.
sarahsan says:
Oh, lucky you Sally! Next time have a pizza for me as well!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2010
sally_m says:
Love this place - go about once every 2 weeks :)
Posted on: Oct 23, 2010