Salathip Restaurant

89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, Bangkok, Thailand

Salathip Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Nov 19, 2004
This restaurant is behind the Bangkok Shangri-La. Even if you don't stay at this lovely hotel (although I recommend you do), you still need to stop by to have dinner at Salathip; it's a wonderful experience.

The free standing building is right on the banks of the river, and you spend your meal with all the boats going by. You actually have a choice to eat right outside, but even the inside seating is quite open air. The food is fantastic (all Thai). We had a lot of different things brought out to us, from three different kinds of soups, to several different curries, to fantastic fish cakes, and wonderful satays... all of it was out of this world. I loved it.

They also had entertainment, which usually I don't enjoy, but the dancers and musicians were wonderful, and sporadically throughout your meal there would be a different sort of song played, or dance, and it was lovely.

Toward the end, fireworks went off over the river, and this is the perfect place to watch them. This was a wonderful place, and while I'm a HUGE believer at eating at street vendors also, take one meal out and try this too - I don't think you'll be sorry!!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals