Salaam Bombay

6 Mérleg Street, Budapest, Hungary - (1) 411 1252

Salaam Bombay Budapest Reviews

huibdos huibdos
Hallo world, this is Indian food! Aug 06, 2010
I was into something different than goulash or pasta and this restaurant seems a lazy choice, but I had thought about it.

Every evening I passed it, it was full of people. The poster outside showed a variety of delicious food.

Inside the choice is almost too big, but the menu (étlap) is grouped by how the dish is cooked. (and in Hu, GB and D)

The staff is friendly. The waiter is speaking good English and is helpful choosing, so a nice dish is soon found (marinated and grilled chicken, hot sauce, naam bread and rice with safron.

In my French blog I said that all Indian food tastes the same, NO it doesn't!!!(I was prepared for some comments there, but they never came, so I do it myself:)

The naam bread is brought on a hot aluminium dish so it stays hot. It tastes like naam bread has to taste (maybe even better:).

The chicken is brought on vegetables in a cast iron pan, so your second helping tastes better than the first.

As for the rice, it just tastes good, savoury like the waiter said. Excelent and affordable food. All that is on the picture for less than 20€.

When I will be back, with or without my wife, I will be ready to try one of the other dishes!
I stopped just in time to make a p…
Read the menu through the door whe…
So very close to the hotel
Dr_Seuss says:
So you thought about being lazy :D
Posted on: Aug 07, 2010
peeyushmalhotra says:
Some all time favourites can be - Golgappas (water balls), Dahi Vada, kulche choley, RAJMA CHAWAL (Rice with kidney beans) ... there is such a huge variety but it motivates me to make a video of as many Indian dishes I can put into it... I will only put Veg food into it as I no more eat non veg :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2010