Sal Gorda Tapasbar & Restaurant

Van Breestraat 107 hs, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Sal Gorda Tapasbar & Restaurant Amsterdam Reviews

edsander edsander
Tapas in Amsterdam's Oud Zuid Nov 27, 2008
Before catching a concert in the Concertgebouw last Sunday we grabbed a bite at this nice little tapas bar that I found on the internet. It's located between the concert hall and the Vondelpark, easy to find at the corner of a street. The interior features nicely tiled walls with Spanish designs. The waitress was a very informal and kind lady with whom we had a good laugh or two, and perfectly able to turn tiny little mistakes into a funny little moment.

Because we wanted to save the always tedious selection process of tapas we opted for the Tapas Royal menu. Nine different tapas for 18 Euro's; very reasonable and believe me, we were stuffed after these nine! The quality was good, as was the variety of the dishes with chicken, shrimps, patatas bravas and much more. I can only remember one dish that maybe was not 100% my cup of tea, but that probably was a matter of taste.

Just a couple of minor points of possible improvement:

- it was slightly drafty near the window, so better isolation wouldn't hurt

- now that there is a smoking ban in restaurants it might be a good time to polish up the toilets with the burn marks

- which customer had already received what dish sometimes turned into a slight bit of chaos, although I think we actually received more than we bargained for

- the Crema Catalana was good but partially warm and partially cold

Still, even with all of the above we still had a very nice dinner for a very reasonable price considering this was Amsterdam.

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals